Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 R6S, and I only have about 300 miles on it. But on the way to work today, and the way home, I was mostly following cars, and Im having a hard time believing they were going as fast as my speedo says. My bike is totally stock other than a slip on. So the question is, at 60mph, in 6th gear, what RPM are you guys turning? Im right at 5000rpm.

BTW: I put on a PUIG windscreen today, double bubble style, and its a HUGE difference. Maybe since im a big guy to be on a R6, I dont know, but its SO much of a nicer ride with this guy on there.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, im hoping I find one of those radar signs on the side of the road. If not I need to have somebody hop in one of my cars, and ill pace them while they go 60.

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
My last 06 was off exactly 7% with stock gearing.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
www.calsportbike.com ... they have them... under the "electrical" tab.

My stock gearing was off something like 7 % or so.

Now I am regeared (for the second time) and I am off by something like 22% or so.

To answer your initial question.. At 60 MPH I'm at 6200 Revvs or close to it.

Later on.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning to pick up a speedo healer when I got some new gears, but if its off by 7% from the factory, I may do it now. I like to know exactly what im doing. Not give or take 5mph.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
06 and 07 R6 you need to be careful with the speedo healer. They have been known to fry the ecu even when properly installed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
06 and 07 R6 you need to be careful with the speedo healer. They have been known to fry the ecu even when properly installed.
Wow! That sucks never heard that before. Being geared can't really take it off though so i guess we'll see what happens.

I wanted to add something a little strange when i had my 05 R6 i was -1 +3 gear ratio and my actual speed (according to GPS) was the exact same as my rpms in 6th gear, down to the mile an hour until about 90mph. It was just kinda crazy how that worked out.:dunce:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts