Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Project MIDNITE continues
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep hearing R6 or R6s. whats the diff ?? from what i read 03+ they went to FI ?? whats the diff between a R6 Raven ?? seems thats all i see around here in town. ?? Specs on them. and do the R6 & R1 have the same frame ?? thanks guys any info well be very appreciated. teach me and i learn =]

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
03-05 yamaha R6 they changed to R6s for the 2006+ model years.
06-07 R6 is the new body style.
08 R6 is all new updated bike.

Raven is just black.

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
i always thought the "s" meant "street"

as in body position was designed to be more comfortable for longer rides...

·
Registered
18 Posts
From what I know the R6S is the earlier model from 02-05. The ride position is much different than the newer 06-08 R6, and IMO, much more comfortable to me due to my long commutes. The new R6 is a track/race bike first, with street riders considered second from what I have been reading lately.

Raven has no different components from what I have seen, just a nice all blacked out paint job.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
The R6s went back to the regular forks and brakes as the 03-04 R6.
The 05 R6 is the only year with the inverted forks and better brakes.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
2003-2004 2nd Generation R6 first year of fuel injection
2005 Inverted forks and upgraded brakes
2006 3rd generation R6 Arrives and R6s created

2006 R6
-Completely new bike
-Better Suspension
-Slipper Clutch
-New Frame
-New motor
-Short Stubby Exhaust
-YCCT

R6s is the 2004 model r6 yamaha just added the S to the bike. The third generation r6 is better for the track and the r6s is more street friendly and more reasonably Priced.

·
R1 eats my R6
30 Posts
mojo said:
Correct.

And the R6s is identical to the 2003 and 2004 r6.
They guy at the local dealer said a while ago that the R6s was the 03-04 body with the 06 engine/suspension because people liked that body style better...

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
6bolt 2g said:
They guy at the local dealer said a while ago that the R6s was the 03-04 body with the 06 engine/suspension because people liked that body style better...
Well the guy at the shop was a little off and was probably just trying to sell a bike any way he could.

·
Registered
72 Posts
man this is confusing hahah. i figured the Raven was a special edition. kinda like Mustang GT and Mustang Cobra. basically you got a street car and a Race ready car. =/ so do the r6 an r1 have the same frame ??

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
J.DenhamR6 said:
haha crazy my bro was still log on this comp =x
:lmao that was creepy. BTW the frames on the r6 and the r1 is completly different

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
The 03,04,05* R6 Is The Same As The 06,07,08 R6s!

The 06,07,08 "new Model" Is The New R6

The "new" R6 Is Designed For Race

The R6s Is More Comfortable Although Not As Race Oriented

Raven Means Its Black, Nothing Else, No Better Suspension, Not A Diff Motor, No Super Powers, It Cannot Fly, If You Paint Your R6 Or R6s Black, You Have A Raven

*-05 R6 Had Inverted Forks And Better Brakes Than The 03,04

No An R6 Frame Is Not The Same As An R1 If You Read The Specs You Will See That The Wheelbases Are Different, All Other Dimensions Are Different, And The Biggest Hint......998cc Motor Instead Of 599....the R6 Motor Is Crammed In There As It Is

/rant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts