Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
R6 NOOB
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
?'s About New '07 Sale Prices and Gear Deals

What's up people. I'm a noob to the bike world and am currently going through the MSF class. At the end of the class I plan on purchasing a new '07 R6.

I'm curious how much people are paying for them right now and what deals can I get on gear with the purchase of a bike.

I live in the Baltimore/DC area and have seen them listed with MSRP of $9399 but on sale for ~$7800 at some of the dealers.

In addition to the purchase of the bike, I also plan on purchasing gear (jacket, helmet, gloves, etc.)

Couple questions:
*How much do you think I can bring them down in price?
*How much should I expect to be added on top for other expenses (freight, dealer costs, etc.)?
*Do dealers budge at all on previous year models?
*Do dealers normally work on price with the purchase of the bike and gear?
*Should I tell them I'm willing to purchase the bike at their sale price if they're willing to throw in a helmet and/or jacket?
*Is it possible to finance the gear with the bike?

I'm new to all of this and am just trying to get the best deal possible.

Any recommendations on how I should approach them?

Thanks for any help in advance!
-Swan

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. $7800 is a really good price from what I've seen. I got my 07 about 2 months ago and I paid $8200 out the door. I don't know much about bargaining with the dealers but I know you can get them to throw some stuff in like a FE kit, tank pad, or even a helmet/jacket.

·
R6 NOOB
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the $7800 isn't out the door, I don't think. I think they still need to add on all the other fees.

·
R6 NOOB
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys!

Any comments on what I can do with gear?
Can I finance it with the bike?
How willing are dealers to work out deals with gear?

·
R6 NOOB
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:nOOb Bump

Any comments on what I can do with gear?
Can I finance it with the bike?
How willing are dealers to work out deals with gear w/ the purchase of a bike?

·
Stock but it works
28 Posts
Me and my nephew just got new bikes about a month ago or so both 08 but they finaced the acc. also, the place I went to threw in helmet and gloves gave me a discount on a jacket, but yea they should work with ya on getting everything you want in there finaced with the bike

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in Baltimore

I checked some dealers in and around Baltimore but found nice gear at a supplier rather then at the dealer. For instance the dealer said he could get a Suomy helmet but he had no samples for me to try on.
The supplier I found had nice designs and models for me to compare.

Not saying this goes for all dealers, but the Yamaha dealers near Columbia and Essex didn't have the quality or designs that I wanted for helmets, gloves or suits.

Did you read the recent thread in one of these forums with the INVOICE & LIST prices on the `08?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey bro, I live in Columbia too and I'm shopping for a bike as well.

If you're looking for a good price with dealers willing to bargain, check out heyser cycles on route 1. Ask them how many they have in stock (if any) and if they have alot they'll be itchin to get them out the door so in that case you have some room to bargain (come to think of it though, I checked there earlier in the year and I don't think they have any, most dealers only have the candy red ones left, the black ones go fast).

Also check out criswells motorsports in middletown (bout 20 mins away from College Park). One of the biggest sportbike dealers in the state and not too far from us. they have alot of inventory and alot of good guys up there willing to negotiate. They always have some nice used bikes there as well, people trade em in all the time. GL...post pics when ya get it!

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
yeah, they can finance gear with the bike, along with any other stuff you want to buy from them.

·
Registered
458 Posts
7600 through 7800 a few months ago try and get at least that

·
R6 NOOB
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the information guys!! I think that answers all of my questions.

Also, props to the local guys who provided the info on the local dealers :wave

I'll definitely be hitting up Heyser since this place has been recommended to me multiple times. The plan is to go out with my buddy that has an '06 R6 on Sat. of next weekend and make a day of it. We plan on hitting up Pete's, Ellicott City Motorsports, Heyser, Criswell, and I think another one.

I did see the thread about the '08 invoice/cost in the other forum. I might even go to that site and pay the $15 to get a print out of that sheet.

And, if they don't have any '07's left, I guess I'll just have to go with an '08!! :YEA

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
yea, i second heyser, i didnt get my bike there but i got my jacket and a few accessories there. The people are super helpful cause im still noobish [got my licence in april]

looks like lots of maryland boys in this post. im in college park now, graduating in about 12 days... hell yaa

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Hey bro, I live in Columbia too and I'm shopping for a bike as well.

If you're looking for a good price with dealers willing to bargain, check out heyser cycles on route 1. Ask them how many they have in stock (if any) and if they have alot they'll be itchin to get them out the door so in that case you have some room to bargain (come to think of it though, I checked there earlier in the year and I don't think they have any, most dealers only have the candy red ones left, the black ones go fast).

Also check out criswells motorsports in middletown (bout 20 mins away from College Park). One of the biggest sportbike dealers in the state and not too far from us. they have alot of inventory and alot of good guys up there willing to negotiate. They always have some nice used bikes there as well, people trade em in all the time. GL...post pics when ya get it!
<-- another MD guy looking to buy a bike soon. im gonna go check out these places also. do you know if its a good idea to buy a used biked from these places? or is it better to buy a used bike from a private seller? are the dealer prices a lot higher?

thanks

·
Stock but it works
28 Posts
I originally looked at used, but liked the factory warranty plus the extended you can get so I went with new. A used bike is usually pretty good with price but you really actually never know the history of the bike or the previous rider. If you can afford it I would recommend new, but if used is the way you have to go then try to buy from someone you know, or someone that is trustworthy on what there going to tell you about the bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts