Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IwishIcouldwritemorehere
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the Saddlemen seats for sport bikes. I am looking to get one for my bike because I cannot stand to ride as much as I do anymore with this stiff stock seat. If you have one, want one, have a friend that has one etc, please chime in. So far I am hearing great things. I saw their booth at the Del Amo Motorsports parking lot sale over the weekend. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
Had one for my R6 and now my 300. Can't say enough good things about them.

·
IwishIcouldwritemorehere
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one did you get. I saw they have one for track use too. The Chicane is what they call it. That one doesn't have gel. I want a nice one for riding. It's on my list of bike mods!

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
I bought the Tech model with the foam and gel (neoprene cover). Only downside to that model is it isn't waterproof.

·
IwishIcouldwritemorehere
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks awesome. I am getting the Track-CF. Can't wait! I really want something that will allow me to grip better in a lean. From what I have heard people don't want to ride anything else once they've ridden a Saddlemen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had a saddleman on my cruiser once. Came with the bike when I bought it. Was the most comfortable bike seat I ever had. About two years later I spent a small fortune and swapped it for a Mustang seat because I ruined the leather on my saddleman do to my stupidly. I chose the mustang seat because I liked the look of them better and it had a bunch of good reviews. It was the worst decision I ever made. Saddleman was 10x more comfortable in my opinion. I kept the Mustang seat hoping it just needed to "break in" but after 4 more years it's still not as comfortable as the saddleman was. If I had to do it again I would either have had the seat re-covered or just bought a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts