Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did some drilling today. got everything safety wired. bought some more drill bits. the titanium bits say they last 6x longer than regular bits lasted about 30 seconds before they were useless.

anyway, here's some pics:

front axle pinch bolts:

oil fill & dipstick. i used small clips so i don't have to re-wire every time i check the oil:

brake calipers:

used a hose clamp on the oil filter. you can't see in the pic, but i used a clip on the oil drain bolt so i can re-use the wire, too:

not sure if anyone wires the rear axle or not because it doesn't have a cotter pin like my kawi did.

anyone think i missed anything?

s3aturnr

edit: sorry about the bad pics. i was using my phone...

·
Registered
556 Posts
when you wanna go to the track, in the non noobie class, most places require safety wire so that something stupid doesnt happen and you wreck at high speed

·
Registered
598 Posts
when you wanna go to the track, in the non noobie class, most places require safety wire so that something stupid doesnt happen and you wreck at high speed
Ok let me reword my question

What does this 'safety wire' do?....oh forget it I'll google it

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks Chief, quick google search and I found that.

Too keep bolts and stuff from backing out, that was an easy answer. Not sure how I was suppose to get that from 'track'

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Thanks Chief, quick google search and I found that.

Too keep bolts and stuff from backing out, that was an easy answer. Not sure how I was suppose to get that from 'track'
:cheers

:laugh

It's a good thing to have also (wire pliers and wire). There's so many other random uses for it that come up too!

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
funny how he couldn't figure out why bolts needed to be safety wired. i'm guessing he doesn't own a single wrench or work on any of his own shit...
Nah dude, he was just wonderin and didn't get a really direct answer. Shit, I didn't even really directly answer him. I seen him postin tool knowledge in other threads and stuff. He's no newb

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nah dude, he was just wonderin and didn't get a really direct answer. Shit, I didn't even really directly answer him. I seen him postin tool knowledge in other threads and stuff. He's no newb
Ah ok. Well hopefully he got the answer he was looking for, and he doesn't get mad at me. :laugh

·
deez nutz
1,558 Posts
funny how he couldn't figure out why bolts needed to be safety wired. i'm guessing he doesn't own a single wrench or work on any of his own shit...

I wasn't trying to be a smartass when i said "track" I figured he would know it was for track prepping a bike.. I def. hope he wasn't getting mad at me.. sorry!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts