Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
R6 gets the babes?
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to do safety wiring on my bike (vs having paid someone on a previous bike). I am wondering if there are any kits available--specifically screws already pre-drilled (don't know if I have the tools to do that part).

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Matt

·
2007 R6 track day bike
6 Posts
To add on to this....what safety wire pliers is everyone using? I've seen prices range from $20 to over $100. I understand you get what you pay for, but if there is a good middle of the ground priced pliers that twists as good as the big dogs I'd like to get those.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
For those like myself who were curious about precisely what safety wiring was...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=safety+wire+motorcycle+how+to&view=detail&mid=5E570B3A4EE93710C1E75E570B3A4EE93710C1E7&FORM=VIRE

I have had issues with certain fairing bolts backing out. Blue Loctite has been the solution for me. By the way, if you use the stick form of the stuff, use plastic wrap beneath the cap. Otherwise it dries out and they waste a sh* ton of the expensive stuff for you. (they should be obligated to reimburse for inadequate packaging design) Also to note, there is an expiration date on the package. Pay attention to that when purchasing. You could purchase an overpriced stick that's already expired.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
72 Posts
I have a proto U.S.A. set non return or reverse. Right hand manual return is the basic pair. Aerospace use spring return and reversal for speed.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
72 Posts
I think mil/aero spec is .032 but any fasteners on a land vehicle twisted is strong enough. I have used .020 on the grips and where the mufflers' cat melted the peg rubber and came loose. Hose clamps are a bit of a pain with .032.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts