Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assisting in putting together a dinner for my (new) company. We're going to a convention in San Diego in May. It's in the convention area district sorta thing, I guess? But we're looking for a good, high-end restaurant to go to. Looking online can be a bit trouble-some, so I'm petitioning the locals!

I need a restaurant that serves higher-dollar meals ($20/plate or so) and is close to the convention area.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
I'm not sure about SD area restaurants, but just wanted to point out that in Cali a 20$/plate is fairly average and not at all "higher-dollar". So if you are looking for a 20$ plate, it won't be hard.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
Ruth's Criss (bout $50/plate and superb quality)...very high end steak house down there in the harbor, bout 10 mins away from the convention. Theres also Donovens, Mister A's and a few other places that are high end steak houses...

What kind of food are you looking for? I can give you a list of sea food and Italian places if youd like...:)

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about SD area restaurants, but just wanted to point out that in Cali a 20$/plate is fairly average and not at all "higher-dollar". So if you are looking for a 20$ plate, it won't be hard.
Well, then I may need to increase it to $30? :lmao

Ruth's Criss (bout $50/plate and superb quality)...very high end steak house down there in the harbor, bout 10 mins away from the convention. Theres also Donovens, Mister A's and a few other places that are high end steak houses...

What kind of food are you looking for? I can give you a list of sea food and Italian places if youd like...:)
We've been told any ethnicity food as long as it's not too spicy or bizarre (apparently Thai is out). So list anything you can think of!

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts

·
Hey Guy
5,292 Posts
I work downtown about a 5 minutes walk from the convention center.

I was going to suggest Ruth's Criss or Donovans. Both are very classy and have great food.

I keep hearing good things about Mr A's... I really like Max New York Steakhouse(i think it's called). Eating downtown is pretty expensive, which is why It's been a couple years since I've eaten a fancy meal downtown. Check our Hash House if you're looking for breakfast.
Mr. A's is super old and "Godfather" looking. Their food isnt really that great. They just have a lot of heritage and a great view. Not really a good place for a business dinner.

I would have to say either Ruth's Criss or Donovans. But, plates there start at $50, as aforementioned.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
This is the problem with organizations...why must it be higher-end? ego strokers even at dinner :nono

good advice in here though, i may have to try these places when i visit in a couple weeks

·
Premium Member
527 Posts

Haven't been to Donovens or Mister A's but we have a Ruth's Criss here that I managed to sneak in and that was amazing! Don't touch the plate... (do as I say, not as I do)

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
My deal with Ruth's Chris is that theyre nation-wide... so if you're looking for something San Diego exclusive....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts