Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'll be in Milpitas---during the week---until the end of the month. Anyone know any good riding places? :jump

·
Can u c my turn signals?
128 Posts
Well if you are going to be in the middle of the bay area Miraclegrau I would suggest hitting highway 9 untill you get to Skyline and take that.
It is a great ride.
There is also Mount Hamilton road if you like hairpin turns and a lot of them, it almost starts in Milpitas.
If you just want to explore try the Milpitas hills, there are some roads back there that will take you almost all the way to Livermore in one direction and to deep San Jose the other direction.
If you have the time you have to try the Santa Cruz mountain roads, all kinds of crazy roads in those mountains.
You should hit up Mikeeh76 for ideas, I know he is from the bay area.
Good Luck!! :cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Weazel said:
Well if you are going to be in the middle of the bay area Miraclegrau I would suggest hitting highway 9 untill you get to Skyline and take that.
It is a great ride.
There is also Mount Hamilton road if you like hairpin turns and a lot of them, it almost starts in Milpitas.
If you just want to explore try the Milpitas hills, there are some roads back there that will take you almost all the way to Livermore in one direction and to deep San Jose the other direction.
If you have the time you have to try the Santa Cruz mountain roads, all kinds of crazy roads in those mountains.
You should hit up Mikeeh76 for ideas, I know he is from the bay area.
Good Luck!! :cheers
9 is good....dry creek rd. is nice little riding in San Jose(willow glen/campbell).... Mtn. Hamilton is OK but lots of gravel sometimes... San Felipe Rd.. is ok short but nice ride in south/east San Jose.... Nice roads in the hills of Milpitas(Caliveras*spelled wrong) ... Alum Rock all the way up and over hill is nice(East San Jose) ... Santa Teresa*straight but nice country style ride* .... Monterey Rd to Bailey then turn left when it dead ends*can't remember name of road there* nice right out there..... Hick in Los Gatos area....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts