Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new HP and can't wait to get it up and running. I went all out with the custom build :hump

Here's to my old pile of shit Gateway :comp

·
Registered
831 Posts
I need a new computer too. I am running a PIII 500 compaq. It is about 4 years old now. When i do build it will be a total custom job. And all the high end parts. I plan to budget about 1100-1500 for it with no monitor :!:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I built mine, with monitor for about $1200. did it thru www.newegg.com. AMD Athalon XP2100, 512 DDR RAM, 80GB HD, GE Force 5200 Ultra, CD-RW, 400W power supply, Variable speed CPU Fan, and 3 case fans, Chieftec Case, Windows XP OS, XP Pro Office Suite. I love my machine! Thinking I might build me another small power one to use a terminal machine in another room and use this as my server, linked wirelessly (is that a word?) of course!

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?featureitem=1&description=19-103-416&DEPA=0......... O, goodness me! Me Likey!

Although there isn't much software out there that really exploits it's power.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.86Ghz pentium 4
512MB
120 GB
16x rom
4xdvd/rw
128mb ddr ati radeon 9800

thats about the it. Shoulda went with the 3.2 Ghz, but oh well

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wish I had a new G5 Mac... 64 bits of ew-la-la! Mac would kick the pants off a PC anyday! At least I like them for what I do... this is all a matter of personal opinion of course.

-Solace

P.S. I've heard, once you go Mac, you never go back!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My total was like 1900 something.
thats with a standard 17" monitor, 7660 printer/660 camera combo, karmon audio system. I did alot of checking around and i felt i got my best deal for what i wanted from hpshopping.com

everything else built the same was well over 2500.
Gateway was insane pricing!
Dell second of my options (with a Union pacific RR discount)

Wished i got a 17" flat panel, but decided it wasn't worth the almost 400 more. Should have it up and running with net at my new house sometime this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts