Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Scorpio i500s alarm on my 03' R6. Was wondering if anyone added on an additional siren or had any recommendations on making it louder (where did you place it?).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i ended up taking my scorpio alarm off, but for your scorpio did you order teh plug-n-play harness...if so it's pretty damn easy. Basically oyu plug in teh ahrness to teh brain and run a power and a ground wire thats it. If not let me know and I'll look at which wires I tapped into for teh flashing lights.

·
Registered
582 Posts
CanonMan said:
Anyone put an I500 system on the O6's? I may need some help. :dunce:
I didnt bother with the kill harness. Positive on the positve, negative on the negative and tuck all the wires away. If you want the turn signals to flash, tap the turn signals in the tail that have the white line on them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This may sound like a dumb question but where do they sell scorpio alarms or alarms period for that matter, besides the local bike shops. Is scorpio a reputable brand and what/where are other popular alarms? What is a reasonable price for these? Thanks

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I dont recommend putting another siren on. Will run your battery out quicker. At night, your siren will be louder.

·
Now with KungFu like grip
696 Posts
I've got an SR-i500s waiting to be installed on my 06. I'm just waiting for my harness to come in.

·
ORZTRAYLIA > YOU
593 Posts
Ive got on on my 05 and it's good and bad, its saved my helmet from being stolen when i used to lock it to the seat, I like the fact that when its sat on the bike will trigger the alarm, stops those morons sitting on your shit when your not around, It's just another good idea to make your bike less of a target really, it wont stop a deicated thief but it will stop the everday assclown from trying to touch your shit :toocool:

·
2 > 4
61 Posts
just put one on my 06 R6 an hour ago...wired in the perimeter sensor, the kill switch, and the tilt sensor as well. Got the new style remote...it's a very nice alarm and the perimeter sensor actually works...haha...

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
i did mine on my 06 with the perimeter sensor, kill switch, backup battery, all the toys. got the old style remote but had it for about 3 months, and did it without the plug-n-play harness. i stole power from the most random of places, but the alarm would be damn near impossible to pull out if you can't find it...

·
Registered
582 Posts
GiftedOne said:
This may sound like a dumb question but where do they sell scorpio alarms or alarms period for that matter, besides the local bike shops. Is scorpio a reputable brand and what/where are other popular alarms? What is a reasonable price for these? Thanks
check indysuperbikes.com. They've got a few different alarms up there and that's where I got mine.

·
My R6 eats you -->
522 Posts
Put on my I500SE last night but have a few questions... Dont know how to attach the Anti-Hijack system. Don't know where the Ignition wires (that need to be cut...yikes). Anyone got any photos they can show me of their set up?

Also does anyone have any good spots on their bike that they put the antena that works well?

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
i did mine through the fuse box up front under the left faring. pop the top, it will tell you which fuse belongs to ignition, pop the fuse box out, cut the wires underneith, leave some room to work. reconnect, put fiberglass back on, see if bike starts. if it starts, exhale, drink beer, job well done. if it doesn't start, check your connections and make sure the alarm is off. connections include the connections you just made, and make sure the box is actually connected to the alarm.

·
Registered
659 Posts
GiftedOne said:
Scorpio Alarms scorpio is probably the most popular brand out right now. scorpios website is a little high in terms of price. you can find them cheaper. i just ordered mine through them, bad past experiences buying from a thirdparty.

·
My R6 eats you -->
522 Posts
no signal?

Alarm is on and running great. Now one more problem... hopefully the last. I definitly dont get anywhere near a half mile radius like it says. I get like maybe 50-75 yards at the most... and thats in direct line of sight to boot. Anyone have the 06 yamaha? where did you put your antena? How good is your signal?

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
on my 06, i ran the antenna up the tail cowl to the taillight, i get about 1/4 mile range, straight line of sight.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i installed mine today. ran my wires very nice and neat, did the same with the antenna. i ordered mine with the new remote and all the options. i didnt hook up the anti hijack because i dont own a daniels kit and im not too wild about cutting my ignition and trying to splice in with the crap connectors they gave me. probably gonna take it to the dealer for that. bike is still under warranty. as it was the supplied wiring harness didnt fit my triangular turn signal or tailight connectors. when i called scorpio they told me that they dont make a harness for the r6s and that the stock connectors are proprietary to yamaha, so they cant copy them. this was a bunch of B.S. because i used to rewire the weapons system on the F-16s numerous times with these plugs. so i could only hook it up to the license plate light. oh yea one more thing....where did you guys mount the Main Control Module. there is almost zero room under the seat. i put mine on top of the ecu as close to the crossmember as i could get it. the MCM still hits the seat when i put in on though. i was thinking of using a dremel tool and just shaving down the underside a little where its hitting. any advice?????

·
Now with KungFu like grip
696 Posts
CanonMan said:
Alarm is on and running great. Now one more problem... hopefully the last. I definitly dont get anywhere near a half mile radius like it says. I get like maybe 50-75 yards at the most... and thats in direct line of sight to boot. Anyone have the 06 yamaha? where did you put your antena? How good is your signal?
I just installed mine last night so I haven't had a chance to test the range on it, but I ran the antenna up into the rear of the bike underneath the passenger seat. It says the more vertical you can make the last six inches of your wire, the better the signal is supposed to be.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts