Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, there is a group buy going on right now for the scotts damper on another R6 forum.

If you are interested click <here>

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
man, you guys should be able to get 20 people in on this easy.

I cant stress how much the scotts damper makes the r6 a better bike!!!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
What's the difference between the Scotts and the GPR one I've seen (the crank a dial one?)

·
Registered
261 Posts
ive been riding without a damper for the whole summer, but after hearing how much a damper makes the bike perform better im considering on getting one. having a damper is like night and day compared to a bike without one?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Scotts has more adjustment is highly recommended for aggressive riding and doing track day.

The GPR is also suppose to be good but less adjustment. The GPR comes in different color while the Scotts only come in Copper (Gold) color.

I am kind of leaning toward the Scotts which is about $40 more.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DreR6 said:
ive been riding without a damper for the whole summer, but after hearing how much a damper makes the bike perform better im considering on getting one. having a damper is like night and day compared to a bike without one?
Same here. I have been riding without the damper and honestly I don't know if the damper would make a different but I would like it for the extra assurance/insurance that it may provide.

I just got through riding Palomar mountain again yesterday and was taking the twist pretty hard and the bike felt find without the damper. However, I rather get one and never have to find out what it would be like to need one and don't have one on.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I've talked to a few guys from a local group that do quite a few track days and they said that on the street (normal, not over the speed limit) riding they turn the damper nearly off, but on the track they are the best thing to have other then a second bike.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Well lets not take it to another forum, no need for that. After all this forum is the BEST! YEA! What say I just have a sale one the GPR for $345 to your door (lower 48 States). I can get them in black, blue or red. If you want to do it we can start right now and I'll run the sale till the end of this month. Let me know if you guys are interested and I'll just start another thread for it.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I do have a very nutty sense of humor. Guilty as charged. Peolpe either get me and we laugh our asses off together, or they get pissed off. Never seems to be an in between. I can assure you that my intent is always to provoke laughter and never mean spirited. I'm always smiling and laughing. This too tends to piss off the uptight. Add some booze to the mix, and it really gets good. :party

·
Registered
786 Posts
ahaha oh man, off topic... but "plasma" made me laugh for a good minute... yea hammy, you are a nut!

But the group buy here sounds interesting

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hammy. Hammy would be another person who's a hero. The price wars he's having and the pipes he's sold over the years. I dont really buy anything from him, but the fact that he's still selling...I respect that.

(my altered Zoolander quote :cheers)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts