Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I searched but I'm not sure how to set it up. My bike came with one and it has a little knob, s...h(soft hard I assume?) Anyway what is recommended? Should I experiment with it? and if I turn it while driving is that OK? Is this only usefull at high speeds or does it have anymore benefits??

Thanks

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
My bike had one when I got it. I just messed around a little but I liked the way it was set so I left it there. I have it more on a softer setting than stock. Be careful though. It was set sorf and when I first got on it I almost layed it over becuase I was expecting it to feel like my friends stock gsxr that I was used to riding lol.

·
47 Posts
I counted the number if clicks from full soft to full hard (I think it was 24 clicks) set it to the middle and just adjusted by feel from there. I think I ended up with 18 clicks up from full soft. Its all personal preference, so go with what makes you comfortable.

·
Hey Guy
5,292 Posts
I bought one used and downloaded the manual. it was super helpful. The stock middle setting is all the way to the right, and then 8 clicks to the left. It also shows you how to adjust the area of damper.
There's a ton you can do with the thing.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
I bought one used and downloaded the manual. it was super helpful. The stock middle setting is all the way to the right, and then 8 clicks to the left. It also shows you how to adjust the area of damper.
There's a ton you can do with the thing.
Have a link for the manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts