Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone remember which way to turn the screw if your bike is running rich? Is it counter clockwise or clockwise. Thanks for the help.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
okay im assuming it has carbs. just dont want to get the new guys confused so ill ask, what year bike? if it does have carbs, i always thought you have to rejet if its too rich.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
mixture screw for the pilot circuit.

Fuel circuits are clockwise to lean it out, and counter clockwise to richen.

Air circuits are clockwise to richen, and counter clockwise to lean.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the lack of info. 2002 R6, yoshi slip-on, stage 1 dynojet kit, factory air filter. Thank you for the replies and help!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I love fuel injection, nothing can compare with the feeling of the bike starting right up.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Goku, You'll wanna turn in the mixture screws 1/8th to a 1/4 turn.

And are you sure you have the correct screw? Stock they are covered with Welch plugs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redline, I had jetted the carbs earlier but the throttle still had some lag evey time I gave the throttle a quick jerk. You can also smell the bike running very rich. I had taken the bike to a yamaha dealer to get the carbs sync'ed, which they did, but I still have that lag there. I believe i'll try the 1/8 inch of a turn, install the carbs back on and go from there. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Check out getting a Flo-Commander. I got one and love it. Increases response and takes away the dead spot between 4-6k.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So which way do you turn the pilot screws to richen the mixture? I have a UK 2000 model R6 & the 4 screws have no blanking plugs over the top of them.My R6 is a pian to start from cold & I think it is running too rich.So I want to weaken the mixture.The Dyno readout on my bike showed that the air/fuel ratio was way off the richness scale below 4000 rpm.
I have both Pilot & Main Flo-Commanders waiting to be installed as well.I hope I can sort out my running problems!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts