Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally was able to obtain a replacement tail piece for my red 07. The description said the pieces were mint except for one small crack on the bottom piece, I only needed the upper portion. I end up winning the bid for like $74 shipped, but when I got it today via fedex, as soon as I open the box, I see rash that the guy said nothing about, nor did he show pictures of it. Also, the 2 mounting tabs on the left side of the upper are broken off and gone. Plus the small crack he said was only on the bottom was also in the upper leading to one of 4 spots of rash. The fckuer better give me a damn refund.:rocket:321

End of rant.

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already contacted the seller and filed a claim with Ebay, luckily it was covered under buyer protection. I just hope he responds and refunds me quickly so I don't have to wait forever to go through all the red tape with Ebay and Paypal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
file a misleading sale with ebay also.
take pictures of the item as it was when you got it.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
paypal is very good at protecting you. tpaypal will give the seller 7 days to response and settle the dispute or else paypal will refund you your money 100%. and since the seller claim that it was mint and it wasn't, you'll get your money back from paypal and you won't have to ship that piece of crap back to him either. he loses out and you win!

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
honestly, im sorry for posting that so fast, but as soon as i saw your post, that was the first thing i thought of. hopefully everything will get straightened out and you will get your money back. hopefully my little bit of comedy helps get you through. if not, just go shoot small animals with bb guns. that always helps

·
Sammiches
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok the dude responded, he "didn't notice":screwy the rash. I guess he missed the broken tabs too:nono. He offered a refund so I wrote him back and asked for one again. Lets see what happens now.

·
Registered
687 Posts
paypal is very good at protecting you. tpaypal will give the seller 7 days to response and settle the dispute or else paypal will refund you your money 100%. and since the seller claim that it was mint and it wasn't, you'll get your money back from paypal and you won't have to ship that piece of crap back to him either. he loses out and you win!
paypal are CROOKS!!!!

never had good luck with them i had a rearset that came all bent and broke and filed everything i could and i am still out mmy $$

ebay and paypal are CROOKS!

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
that sucks! hope u get ur $$ back!

·
Lifted
177 Posts
x1 for paypal.

Bought an iphone that truly honestly looked like it went through WWIII... didn't sound exactly 'like new' condition. Anyway, the guy said in his description 'AS IS' but since I filed under a Paypal dispute 'Significantly Not As Described', I was able to recover ALL my money . Unfortunately unlike another poster said on here about not having to ship the piece back, that's a lie, you gotta as per Paypal's process. Makes sense though.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
paypal are CROOKS!!!!

never had good luck with them i had a rearset that came all bent and broke and filed everything i could and i am still out mmy $$

+ 1

Paypal has screwed me over pretty bad multiple times, they are a$$holes over the phone as well..

I sold a MINT $2,000 Intense M1 downhill mtn bike on ebay...Buyer paid, everything was good...

3 months later, he files a paypal dispute saying the bike had a cracked frame (never contacted me, nothing)..Paypal gave him his money back instantly without even contacting me as well, and he got to keep the bike and get his money back. They wanted me to pay them back since they refunded him. I had no money in my paypal. And since I used to send all my money to my mom, so she could transfer it to her bank and give me cash faster, they went after her saying the money I sent her is their money. So they made her account negative 2,000$trying to make her pay when she had nothing to do with any of it

Super shady crap they always are pulling..

Theres a whole website dedicated how paypal scams people www.paypalsucks.com

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
paypal are CROOKS!!!!

if paypal never paid you back, why didn't you file a complain with your credit card? your credit card should also protect you from things like that.

+ 1

Paypal has screwed me over pretty bad multiple times, they are a$$holes over the phone as well..

I sold a MINT $2,000 Intense M1 downhill mtn bike on ebay...Buyer paid, everything was good...

3 months later, he files a paypal dispute saying the bike had a cracked frame (never contacted me, nothing)..Paypal gave him his money back instantly without even contacting me as well, and he got to keep the bike and get his money back.
how can he file a complain after 3 months? paypal policy is 45 days to file a complain or file a claim?????

but really sorry to hear that you guys had such bad encounters on paypal and ebay....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive sold and purchased stuff on ebay. . Always used paypal and never had a problem. . But they do have some insane fees for money transfers and stuff. .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts