Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction to putting a stock R6 on the race track....amateur racing obviously. I will be taking a road racing school in the next 3-4 months.

Any help will be appreciated.

SSF

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think it depends on where you go or what school is putting it on. I'm going to be running in april at putnam park. Basically all you have to do for the street(newb) division is take off mirrors, take out antifreeze/replace with waterwetter, tape over lights. With the novice class you don't have to wire up anything, but that's there, Find out from where you are planning on running.

·
Crashing Sucks!
118 Posts
race

Where are you located? I am going to be racing for the first time this year in CCS. You have to have a race license first before you can compete.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in High Point, NC......yes I plan on attending the road racing school at Rd. Atlanta to get a license. And to do a couple of track days at VIR.

I have been road racing cars for the last 10 years and will be taking on a new challenge with bikes.....my goal is to get a couple of races in this year.

I have a 2003 R6 with 3000 miles on it....

Later..Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.