Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has a picture of the underneath of thier seat cowl.

There is a local guy selling his, but its blue. I wanted to know if there was some sort of structure underneath the plastic part that clips into the pillion seat so that i could take that blue part off, and put the white one from china on.

If not, i'll just paint it. Its only $60 so its a really good deal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have a picture handy, but pretty sure there's a whole big mount unit underneath. I can go double check in a little bit. It's strong enough that my wife sat on it with no ill effects.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a picture handy, but pretty sure there's a whole big mount unit underneath. I can go double check in a little bit. It's strong enough that my wife sat on it with no ill effects.
thanks, just wondering cause the set of plastics that I ordered from china a few years back came with the seat cowl, but the plastic piece that hooks into the sub-frame never fit the bike quite right, I know how expensive OEM seat cowls can be so when I saw one for $60 I had to jump on it, thinking that I can take the part that hooks into the sub-frame off that one, and screw it on to the colour matched piece that came with the plastics.

and if it doesn't work I'll just try to paint it as close as I can to the white of the bodywork.

I really bought it to stick my gopro on the end so I wouldn't have to cover the Yamaha logo on the tail section lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts