Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I love my R6, and I dont intend on getting rid of it! It's my first street bike ever though, and there are no tracks near me to ride it! I have been playing with the idea of a second bike, and since I have never ridden anything else, I dont really know what direction to go?

Here is somthing that catches my eye! And looks like it would be fun to ride???

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...-2007-Triumph-Speed-Triple-W0QQAdIdZ233947388

I would really appreciate some opinions from some riders who have experience on differnt types of bikes, and why you enjoy or dont enjoy riding them! Leave cruisers out of this, as I am not considering any type of cruiser at this point in my life.

I would love to know for example, other than personal appearance preferances, why would someone chose a speed triple, over an r6 ?

:popcorn:

Thankyou, Phil.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I would love to know for example, other than personal appearance preferances, why would someone chose a speed triple, over an r6
it's probably a much more comfortable bike to ride on the street, for starters. some people prefer the naked look. everyone has different tastes.

before i got my r6, i heard a lot of people say why they liked or didn't like it. seemed that the like and dislike crowd was about even, too.

if you started out on your r6 as your very first bike, then there is a definite possibility that there is something out there that you may like better for your every day riding. the r6 is a highly track-oriented bike. because of that, some people (myself included) find it a little twitchy on the street.

and you're probably not as far as you think from a decent track. the toronto area has at least one road course nearby and i wish i could remember the name of it at the moment. seems like it was "mosport park" or something like that. i'm sure someone else can chime in. take your r6 there; it's where it was meant to be ridden...

s3aturnr

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, Motards are fun as hell, you cant go wrong with one:flex
What makes them fun? easier to throw around? I really like the idea of being able to drive on more than just a smooth road, I dont mean like Enduro! I just mean less limits, more options! Motards really do look like they would be fun! Like i said before, I have no tracks to race around on, so I would love to make the streets my playground, "In a safe manner of course"! Im 27, and want that feeling from my bike, like I used to get from a skate board ten years ago!

Please dont tell me to go get a skateboard!

:cheers

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's probably a much more comfortable bike to ride on the street, for starters. some people prefer the naked look. everyone has different tastes.

before i got my r6, i heard a lot of people say why they liked or didn't like it. seemed that the like and dislike crowd was about even, too.

if you started out on your r6 as your very first bike, then there is a definite possibility that there is something out there that you may like better for your every day riding. the r6 is a highly track-oriented bike. because of that, some people (myself included) find it a little twitchy on the street.

and you're probably not as far as you think from a decent track. the toronto area has at least one road course nearby and i wish i could remember the name of it at the moment. seems like it was "mosport park" or something like that. i'm sure someone else can chime in. take your r6 there; it's where it was meant to be ridden...

s3aturnr
Yea, Mosport, I dont think they do many days where you can ride your bike there, Maybe some one can chime in?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Yea, Mosport, I dont think they do many days where you can ride your bike there, Maybe some one can chime in?
you know, your profile says "ontario", but for some reason, i read "toronto". if you're close enough to sarnia or windsor, you may choose to come across the pond and enjoy one of our tracks. we have grattan in the grand rapids area and gingerman over by lake michigan. a place called sportbike track time (STT) organizes track days for both of those tracks. check them out: http://www.sportbiketracktime.biz/

i plan on spending a little time at both of those tracks this summer...

s3aturnr

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the invite, but that would be a prety long hike for me, I am a ways north of Toronto! And pretty damn far from Sarnia!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts