Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I know cash is really the only way you should sell a bike. I had an interesting offer that I would like to get everyones input on.

I am selling my bike for $4500 and a guy offered me $3000 and $200 a week to cover the rest.

Now If I were to have something written up and notarized where he agrees to pay and I do not release the title to him until the balance is satisfied, would that be ok too?

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
So your going to wait 2 months to get your full price? I rather sell it out right.

If it's a very good friend I would consider it, to a stranger never.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would'nt do it... if he decides to stop paying getting the rest of your money back will be difficult

But then again, it would be awesome to see a R6 related case on Judge Joe Brown :lmao

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would'nt do it... if he decides to stop paying getting the rest of your money back will be difficult

But then again, it would be awesome to see a R6 related case on Judge Joe Brown :lmao
Hahaha yeah it would be cool, but yeah I figured it's probably not a good idea. Just figured I would see if anyone else had done it this way before.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Hahaha yeah it would be cool, but yeah I figured it's probably not a good idea. Just figured I would see if anyone else had done it this way before.
I've done deals where the lien has to be paid off, but I was the buyer. I paid the lien off and took the bike(no title).. Then got the title when it came in and gave the man the rest of the money. It was a pretty good deal at the time though. I got everything notarized and made sure i did it right.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Plus if something happens and the bike is in your name, you can be held liable. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i wouldn't do it, i'd rather have cash out front
plus if he crashed or something and decided to just stop payin it's on you ... sounds sketchy to me, i'd hold off until someone has cash in hand.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
OR.. if you can wait and think it's a good price, get him to pay you without taking the bike, layaway. Not like he's going to be riding anytime soon in Chicago right?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
let him pay you first if he's gonna be doing it weekly and tell him you'll hold onto the bike and title until it's paid in full

·
Shooo Sheff
882 Posts
its all about trust really. Yea you could hold on to the bike/title or both til he pays layaway style. I found a seller that trusted me and he let me take both title and bike home (07 Raven) at a price of 5500. I traded in my 2000 R6 for 2300 and i've been paying him 100-250 a week on the dot ever since. Almost done. He understands the economy isn't so good and im a full time student and worker as well. He is also Czech and has told me not to screw him over else he will come looking for me haha

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
its all about trust really. Yea you could hold on to the bike/title or both til he pays layaway style. I found a seller that trusted me and he let me take both title and bike home (07 Raven) at a price of 5500. I traded in my 2000 R6 for 2300 and i've been paying him 100-250 a week on the dot ever since. Almost done. He understands the economy isn't so good and im a full time student and worker as well. He is also Czech and has told me not to screw him over else he will come looking for me haha
:lmao you better not miss a payment

·
Registered
558 Posts
DONT DO IT ! that has legal mess written all over it... if your selling an 05 r6 (im assuming cause its in ur profile) for 4500 you will most definitely get a buyer working with cash

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I told him the layaway plan and he said he would be fine with that. He said he will be coming this weekend to check it out! Hopefully it pans out, because I found a few bikes that have tickled my fancy :fact

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
You gotta pay to play. That dude should get a loan from the BANK and give you the cash. If the bank won't finance him then you shouldn't either.

·
Registered
558 Posts
bro if u do this.. i think you should raise the price of the bike a little since you wont be getting cash in hand in the full amount. its inconveniencing you because he is on a payment plan.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just tell the guy to save the money for the next 2 months and pay you then.

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well as long as he gives me the $3k now and I still hold onto the bike while he makes payments, I do not mind. I just need some cash to buy my next baby!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts