Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I sell my bike for lower than what I owe Yamaha and still get the title from them? I am not sure how this works. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Dallas

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I believe you have to pay off Yamaha before you can get your title. Maybe you can transfer the owners name over to him, and you can work it out that way.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
MadChild said:
I believe you have to pay off Yamaha before you can get your title. Maybe you can transfer the owners name over to him, and you can work it out that way.
yup, thats true. you would have to pay the difference in order to get the title.

·
Registered
94 Posts
how much you asking for it? post pics

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry Bud you're pretty much screwed. You will have to sell it for what you owe or pay the difference out of your pocket to get them to drop the lein off of your title so that you can transfer it to the new owner. What do you owe and what year and milage is the bike?? You would be suprised what people will pay for a bike as long as it isn't to far off from what it is worth (people are pretty dumb sometimes).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yep, just like said above. Most states have laws that say a title cannot be released from the lienholder unless the balance is paid in full. But, instead of losing money or going upside down, you could put out that you want someone to take over payments on it. Then you could consider it breaking even. Just a thought......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts