Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drop a gear and disappear
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright who has sent in their stabilizer to Pit Bull for a rebuild ?

I called and they said just box it up and ship it to them with a return address and contact phone number... Okay fine will do, but whats the turn around time?
Can anyone share how long it took for them to get theirs back?

Trying to minimize the down time without it and effectively plan the best time to send it.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
I would imagine not more than two weeks to get it back to you after they receive it at the absolute most. Figure 5 days of shipping or less anywhere in the US and they should stock the parts/oil, and its not like its overly difficult to rebuild... with parts and materials, probably an hour or less for a trained tech.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would imagine not more than two weeks to get it back to you after they receive it at the absolute most. Figure 5 days of shipping or less anywhere in the US and they should stock the parts/oil, and its not like its overly difficult to rebuild... with parts and materials, probably an hour or less for a trained tech.
Alright awesome! thanks for the input... Do you know if they will replace the parts that have some small surface rust on them, such as the bolts? got caught in the rain a few times this past season but even after a good towel dry it still oxidized. :curse

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
Alright awesome! thanks for the input... Do you know if they will replace the parts that have some small surface rust on them, such as the bolts? got caught in the rain a few times this past season but even after a good towel dry it still oxidized. :curse
Zero idea, I have not had a pitbull. Ask them.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't remember exactly, but I think it was only a couple days from when they received mine to when they shipped it back out.
Thanks, thats what I was hoping to hear. I'll ask you as well lol since you had it replaced: do you know if they will replace the parts that have some small surface rust on them, such as the bolts? got caught in the rain a few times this past season but even after a good towel dry it still oxidized.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I sent mine in and it took about 1.5 weeks from when I shipped it from Cali to when I got it back. Mine had surface rust on the bracket and was leaking. They fixed the leak, polished out the rust and works great. Even supplied stickers and a new catalog :fact great company

If you have Knicks and stuff on it obviously don't think it will come back brand new but they did what was needed and did a great job.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent mine in and it took about 1.5 weeks from when I shipped it from Cali to when I got it back. Mine had surface rust on the bracket and was leaking. They fixed the leak, polished out the rust and works great. Even supplied stickers and a new catalog :fact great company

If you have Knicks and stuff on it obviously don't think it will come back brand new but they did what was needed and did a great job.
No nicks, just faint surface rusting.... looks like i'm in luck! :YEA

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask Pit Bull your question directly?
I called and when I asked the lady said the guy I needed to speak to wasn't in today so I figured I would ask here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.