Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking into setting up my suspension, but seem a bit overwhelmed with the process. Wondering if there is anyone in San Diego that can help or knows of someone. Thanks in advance.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I know enough about suspension to do little tweaks here and there...but not comfortable enough to tackle it from the get go...

My bro would be more than happy to help you though...where in SD are you?

Oh and welcome to the forum...:wave

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Sweet, Im in Lakeside...and do you want my bro's number?

Lets ride ...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday, so like to handle it in those days. Let me know if your bro could do that.

Im still a beginner per say, but I'm down to ride. Just let me know when.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So finally made it to Lees today. WOW! I had no idea how much of a difference a proper set up would make. Feels like I am on an completely different bike. No more "dip" when braking or accelerating from a stop. Awesome.

Thanks jwxfd for the recom.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im ready to ride now...LOL.

Getting my ss brake lines in a few days. I cant stop admiring you bike. I love the scheme. I have the vivid orange right now, thinking of replacing all black fairings with carbon fiber parts

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
How big of a difference was it when u got your suspension tuned? I really want mine done just thinking bout when and where.
So finally made it to Lees today. WOW! I had no idea how much of a difference a proper set up would make. Feels like I am on an completely different bike. No more "dip" when braking or accelerating from a stop. Awesome.

Thanks jwxfd for the recom.
^---that big:secret

It really does make a huge difference. I had the same reaction. got mine setup monday. I get a kick out of the guys that say "I've lived without it this long, I don't need it." They don't know what they're missing...I definitely didn't

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a big difference, I highly recommend you do it. They only charged me 35 bucks. They also readjusted all my cables, so throttle is more responsive. Overall, new setup offers tremendous response and inspires confidence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts