Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sete Gibernau scored his fifth podium from the first five rounds of the season with second place at Catalunya on Sunday and immediately demanded more support from Honda as he emerges as their main threat against Valentino Rossi and Yamaha. The Telefónica MoviStar rider crossed the line just one tenth of a second behind Rossi after a battle all the way to the flag and finished as the highest placed Honda by over 20 seconds ? a result he regards as a triumph in its own right. ?I tried to play my cards well again today and we did the best we could with what we had,? commented the Spaniard. ?We knew we couldn?t use the same tyre as Yamaha and used a softer compound to try and have the same traction that they would have with the harder one. ?Obviously that meant that at the halfway stage their tyres would improve whilst mine deteriorated. I don?t want to give any excuses, I never have done, and I have to congratulate Valentino although I knew this could happen even though I gave 120%. ?I hope to keep going on the same path, have a chat with Honda about how we can improve the situation and do everything I can to make them understand that we have to face up to Valentino and Yamaha, who are improving a lot. I don?t feel as though I lost today ? as far as I am concerned we have won because I am getting 100% out of what I have at every race?.
sete is scared. he knows that the heavy hp honda was supposed to win those last two races. he knows rossi is the best. he knows... he knows...

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
That's a great clipping. At least Sete is not a sore looser; it seems (from that) that he at least knows how to gracefully take a :idhitit from Rossi two weeks in a row. :hammer

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Everyone should be afraid, they should be very afraid, cuz once Rossi and the team get that bike tuned in..................IT'S OVER.......WAYYYYYYY OVER Hell it might already be over, and the bike isn't even as good as it could be yet.

Rossi ==> God

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the interview at catalunya sete said something about how he believes there's only one winner and congrats to valentino. probably my favorite attitude. 2nd place is first place loser.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Code said:
I don?t feel as though I lost today ? as far as I am concerned we have won because I am getting 100% out of what I have at every race?.
That sounds like a man blaming his bike/team and not himself.
Sounds to me like Sete need to watch some video of Rossi whippin his ass in those chicanes, take some notes and then go practice. HAHAHA. I like his attitude of I gave it my all and I still got beat so hats off to you Rossi, but what i don't like is him blaming his crew and his tires or whatever he said in that quote above. There comes a time when bike set-up and tires and all of that stuff are about as good as they can be and it's up to the rider to make up that difference and win the race. That's what makes Rossi so special IMO. He run's on, practically, a brand new bike that has a lot of issues still to be ironed out and he's still winning GP races. :bow

·
Registered
524 Posts
Exactly. I just started watching MotoGP but in one of the races the commentators said something about Biaggi always complained that Rossi was faster because he was on a Honda. Now he's on a Yamaha and Biaggi is on a honda and Rossi is still winning. Gibernau basically chastising Honda just lacks class. He should have said something like "Rossi was the better man today but we'll see how things go next time." I'm sorry but anyone can see that the only reason Rossi won was because of his riding. The Hondas are able to overtake him on the straights and they're not slow in the corners. Gibernau did not ride at 100% as he claims. He made mistakes, running wide on a few corners. So did Rossi but he was able to make up for his mistakes. Both men rode the crap out of their bikes, but Rossi rode harder and took more chances. Luckily or skillfully, those chances paid off.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Code said:
Exactly. I just started watching MotoGP but in one of the races the commentators said something about Biaggi always complained that Rossi was faster because he was on a Honda. Now he's on a Yamaha and Biaggi is on a honda and Rossi is still winning.
He's a fookin baby and I'm glad he didn't make the podium. Now he has only himself to blame. Has anyone seen Faster? The way they portrayed Biaggi in that movie really made me dislike him. He's just an arrogant rider who wishes he was as good as he thinks he is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts