Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I finish 4th
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope it's ok to post this. ASMA in southern NM is a having a crazy end of the year event. (see link). For those who dont feel like clicking the link here's the highlights:

http://asmaracing.com/index.html

*Top AMA Pro Superbike racer Danny Eslick will be a guest instructor for the
weekend.

*Evan Steel will be doing a suspension seminar (Evan Steel work with the EBR team this season and helped make drastic improvements to that bike and team)

*Josh Kauffman of Speedcell will be doing an electronics seminar

Trackday all day Saturday until 4pm and Sunday until 2pm.

2 Hour Endurance race from 2-4pm

All this and the entire weekend of riding (2 TDs) for 135$!!! The weather might be a little cold (it's hit or miss in NM in December) but for me I'll be stoked just to meet Eslick. I hope some of yall will come out and support the club

·
roaming gnome
278 Posts
That's a bad ass deal! I just moved back to Albuquerque a few months ago and have wanted to ride Arroyo Seco since I got back.
That website really needs help. How do you sign up? Do you have to call the number they listed?

·
I finish 4th
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a bad ass deal! I just moved back to Albuquerque a few months ago and have wanted to ride Arroyo Seco since I got back.
That website really needs help. How do you sign up? Do you have to call the number they listed?
Yeah just call and talk to Roger or Michelle they are the track owners and really nice people. Leave a voice mail if no answer

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
201 Posts
He's alright. He took it like a champ. I'd have never guessed it was shattered until I saw the x-ray.
Tires were likely not quite up to temp as it was our third lap out. We were coming down the straight and caught some guys who were finishing their first lap so they were going considerably slower. It startled me a bit so I checked up on the brakes. My buddy, right behind me, must have noticed it just a split second too late because he locked the front tire and tucked the front. Now the bike is sliding and hits my bike. I'm pretty sure the rear tire grabbed his bike and lifted it into the air causing the flipping and massive destruction.

·
I finish 4th
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's alright. He took it like a champ. I'd have never guessed it was shattered until I saw the x-ray.
Tires were likely not quite up to temp as it was our third lap out. We were coming down the straight and caught some guys who were finishing their first lap so they were going considerably slower. It startled me a bit so I checked up on the brakes. My buddy, right behind me, must have noticed it just a split second too late because he locked the front tire and tucked the front. Now the bike is sliding and hits my bike. I'm pretty sure the rear tire grabbed his bike and lifted it into the air causing the flipping and massive destruction.
Fuuuuuck, can't say I'm to surprised though. Same thing happened to me. Guy in front was in his first race and braked sooner than I expected, I missed it and collected us both. I broke my collar bone and was concused badly. Arroyo is like that though bc the fast section are link by very tight technical section. I almost collected a guy even though he was on a cbr1000 and I was on a 250.

Glad y'all are ok though, hopefully there will be another event next spring and I'll post up details.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts