Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,

Just a quick question for those running these race bodies; is removing the kickstand necessary? All the pics I've seen had it off but the website doesn't say a thing about it, only about the cat box.

I'm not a racer and still use my bike on the street so have no real desire to remove the shit if I don't have to.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mostly depends on the bike. This is for your non-S? I can't say for sure about Sharkskins, but with my Optimals I could put one on there. The Sharkskins look like it would probably work too.
Thanks Mark and yes for the bumblebee (non S).

I own Sharkskinz on a 09 and still have my kickstand. No worries bro

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sweeet!!! Perfect, thanks.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
No worries about the kick stand. You'll be fine.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excuse to buy a new system?
Exactly..:laugh

I have a full graves, no clearance issues.

The notch in the lower is for the shift linkage, similar clearance issue w/ oem lower that a spacer fixed on my '14.
Yeah, I think most running these bodies have full system and I have the cheap mid pipe route...

I haven't even gotten to fit the lower on properly yet so we shall see how the shift linkage is.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Yeah, I think most running these bodies have full system and I have the cheap mid pipe route...

I haven't even gotten to fit the lower on properly yet so we shall see how the shift linkage is.
That's probably why it's hitting. The angle at which the headers come out below the motor is meant to mate up with the stock muffler box. When you add an after market mid pipe on the stock headers it's way too low. I had clearance issues when I had a similar set up. I could still mount my lower, but it practically rested against the mid pipe; I had to use copious amounts of heat shield. With a full after market system, the head pipe will have a different radius which keeps the mid pipe tucked up closer to the bottom the motor leaving plenty of room for body work. I have a yosh system at the moment and it fits in my belly pan fine.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's probably why it's hitting. The angle at which the headers come out below the motor is meant to mate up with the stock muffler box. When you add an after market mid pipe on the stock headers it's way too low. I had clearance issues when I had a similar set up. I could still mount my lower, but it practically rested against the mid pipe; I had to use copious amounts of heat shield. With a full after market system, the head pipe will have a different radius which keeps the mid pipe tucked up closer to the bottom the motor leaving plenty of room for body work. I have a yosh system at the moment and it fits in my belly pan fine.
Thank you sir, makes complete sense. I could probably mount if I forced it but I don't want to do that; don't want to strain my fasteners.

On to look for a full system..:laugh

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well, after another attempt fit with a slightly clearer head, I now think the side stand will have to be removed...:look:

I'd like to see what revision of lower you all have; there seems to be two floating around.

Here

So now, my question is, what do I have to do to remove it and does it fawk with the tip sensor and having to fool side stand sensor? From everything I've read (at least on R1) it has to be "fooled".

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Check the welds on your header. My Armour Bodies belly pan fit the same way yours did. My OEM system had MASSIVE booger welds (From the factory...). I cleaned them up, aka, grinding the shit out of them, and then the lower fit fine.

I'm also running the factory header/ y-pipe set up.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Check the welds on your header. My Armour Bodies belly pan fit the same way yours did. My OEM system had MASSIVE booger welds (From the factory...). I cleaned them up, aka, grinding the shit out of them, and then the lower fit fine.

I'm also running the factory header/ y-pipe set up.
It's clearing the header and all that fine, it's the side stand that is inhibiting movement to the right.

Argh, just finding out that I will have to re-wire...Not hard but what a pain in the ass.

Guess the bumblebee will be retired from street duty now. :nono

1 - 20 of 44 Posts