Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that a lot of people are using this oil. It also comes well recommended all over the wonderful interweb. I've also noticed a smoother running engine when switching to Rotella T from Royal Purple.

Here's the deal. I recently (2days ago) switched to the Rotella T 5W-40 oil and am worried that its weight might be too low. I'm in Colorado where temperatures frequently change between 70-90F. Should I make the move to 15w-40 once it starts to heat up or change to a heavier weight oil now?

The factory manual recommends 10w-30 which I don't believe is a weight offered under the Rotella T line. I also like the price point sice the oil seems like a great oil based on engine smoothness and a very quite motor. I like the best bang for my dollar, but will go to another line of oil if need be.

·
I sold my R6
229 Posts
As far as I know the only difference between 15w and 5w is what temperature they will pump at. 5w40 should protect your motor regardless. I have used 15w40 rotella without any problems, but they don't sell it in synthetic. I'm sticking with the 5w40 rotella t synthetic. Hope that helps.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very much so. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts