Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I purchased a new 2007 R6 last week and had a question about the tranny. The upshifts are ok, they seem a bit hard at times but I figure it's because it's not broken in yet. However, on the down shifts it feels like thrid and second kind of stick for a second after I kick it down and then I can hear it click in after I have released pressure from the shifter. Has anyone else noticed this on new bikes. I only have 100 miles on it so far, so I'm not sure if it will get better with more miles. I already checked to make sure the shifter wasn't hitting the kickstand or hanging up on anything and it's not. Any advice?? It seems like this bike doesn't shift as good as my 02 R6 did, but this 07 has a lot quieter of a gearbox!

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does this happen at low speeds? Like shifting from 3rd to 2nd while slowing down? I dont have this problem though and my 07 has 250 miles on it.

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
When i got my 07 i thought my gearbox was pretty clunky at first too, but it could have been that i hadnt ridden anything other than the MSF bike ....

i say give it some time, give it about 500 miles change the oil and it will butter up.

·
dodging cars on my R6
708 Posts
My '08 did the same thing. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd was rough sometimes. Even downshifting it did the same. Give it broken in a little and it should be fine. My R6 took about 300 miles and it's fine now.

Good luck wih your new bike.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
Put some more miles on the bike and let the gears work into the correct clearences. Also if the bike is brand new it is probably isn't using the normal oil in the gearbox, but the break in oil that needs to be changed after 600 miles?

I would expect it to be better after you first service, so hurry up and get the miles on her!

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
I had an issue kind of similar to that. I've gotten my first service and have 1000 on her now. Sometimes when down shifting coming to a stop i can't go from 3rd to 2nd - then i let the clutch out just a little and i can hear it shift, ?

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
hey 401summer6 that happens to my 08 r6 also.. it so weird cuz i would shift but sometimes i have to actually let the clutch go out so that it can actually shift into gear... i also want to kno if its normal or what

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got an 06 and its got round 4000 miles...when i first started ridin it it felt like the gears were really hard to shift up...but then i started takin the rpm higher and it seemed to like that...shifts better in higher rpm...but its weird when i slow down and go through the gears and when i hit 3 or 2rd sometimes 1st it doesnt even shift i have to do it a second time then it will shift...anybody kno? maybe just in the wrong rpm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts