Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blacked Out
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the track yesterday and during the last couple sessions my 08 R6-S wouldn’t shift into 4th gear while accelerating down the strait (around 13000rpm). I rode it around the paddock (at low rpm) and ran it through all the gears and it worked fine, but once I got back on the track I had the same issue. I discovered during my last session that while in 3rd gear at 13000rpm if I pulled in the clutch and shifted down to 2nd and then up twice to 4th then let the clutch out it worked fine. I was able to shift up to 5th - 6th and back down with no issues.

If it was a bent shift fork I wouldn’t be able to shift into 4th at all right?

Anyone have any other ideas?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
do you have a quick shifter? do you use the clutch to shift on track all the time even without one? did you try to speed shift without the clutch (you should learn to do this if you are not..). Ya need to unload the trans just a bit by rolling off the gas about 5-10% and shifting at the same time.

do you have a problem with your trans? little early and not enough info to go there. i would guess no.

I do not suggest DOWNshifting when your already at or over 13,000rpm.. cause if you make a mistake, and are actually higher rpm than that, you risk floating some valves. there is NO rev limiter for downshifting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts