Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this morning that i was having some issues shifting into 3rd and sometimes 4th gear. I have an 09 r6, clutch in shift into 3rd and shifter would come up but wouldn't click into gear even if lifted foot up under shifter, clutch off then back in and was able to get into 3rd. Called local shop they said possibly need to lube the shift pivots but have to bring in for physical check. Any idea? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
507 Posts
I was having the same problem and it came down to being the shift linkage, did a little adjusting and it's good to go. Just a thought

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks camarate, guessing this is something one can do themselves? I Haven't done any mechanical work on my bike. I have installed some stuff like sliders, damper and stuff haha. Will have to look that up. Hoping its nothing serious

·
Registered
507 Posts
Something real easy to adjust. Look at the manual it's as simple as turning the rod. Just count the threads or turns to make sure if it doesn't work you can always go back. And it could save you money from taking it to the dealership

·
Registered
507 Posts
No problem man. Just trying to save you from spending money at the stealership

1 - 8 of 8 Posts