Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just out of curiousity when you guys ride at night do u ride with your brights on or your dims...or a combo of both?
Me personally i feel that at night with my dims on i am outriding my headlights at 45...maybe less...so i refuse to ride without my brights on considering i live in the woods...too many animals.
I dont much care if someone flicks their lights at me cause im happier to see that they notice me and they are blinding me equally as much with their SUV lights right in my face...just kinda goin off but tell me how u roll.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
So just out of curiousity when you guys ride at night do u ride with your brights on or your dims...or a combo of both?
Me personally i feel that at night with my dims on i am outriding my headlights at 45...maybe less...so i refuse to ride without my brights on considering i live in the woods...too many animals.
I dont much care if someone flicks their lights at me cause im happier to see that they notice me and they are blinding me equally as much with their SUV lights right in my face...just kinda goin off but tell me how u roll.
Dude, brights all the way unless I'm in REALLY busy traffic where I know I'm blinding more than one car. I want them to KNOW I'm there...cuz lord knows they dont pay attention to us in teh first place:321

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Dude, brights all the way unless I'm in REALLY busy traffic where I know I'm blinding more than one car. I want them to KNOW I'm there...cuz lord knows they dont pay attention to us in teh first place:321
Dude, squirt get on messenger

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah ill get my hick ass on messenger in a minute....:lmao

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to see im not the only one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I usually use dims with oncoming traffic. I to live in the boonies but I put the sylvania siverstar and they are twice as bright as stock an a 1/4 the price of HID's. And thats coming from someone who makes lights for a living.:cheers

·
Ravenous 08
34 Posts
I ride w/ my brights all the time, day or night. it looks better and there is no way someone won't see me with it on, its like a spotlight.

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its good to see im not the only asshole...:lmao
So silvania silverstars huh...were did you pick those up at?

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
i got a $300 ticket for riding with my brights on at 5:45pm just as the sun was going down ... well the ticket started at 360 and i got the judge to drop it to $300 and +1 point on my record. So i had to do traffic school too.

The cop was a douchbag.

P.S. this is in arnolds nazi cali

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
i got a $300 ticket for riding with my brights on at 5:45pm just as the sun was going down ... well the ticket started at 360 and i got the judge to drop it to $300 and +1 point on my record. So i had to do traffic school too.

The cop was a douchbag.

P.S. this is in arnolds nazi cali
:confused::thumbdown:321:scared:eek::nono:screwy that is such :BS man...how in the hell did that not get dropped? we're being ticketed for this minor bull and yet arnold is showin all the love to the bastards that sneak over illegally and take over this place...

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
I usually use dims with oncoming traffic. I to live in the boonies but I put the sylvania siverstar and they are twice as bright as stock an a 1/4 the price of HID's. And thats coming from someone who makes lights for a living.:cheers
Do you have any problems with the plastic head light lens melting? Someone told me that they would but I'm not sure.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
man, i was actually thinking about posting this question.

i really want to ride with my brights, but i didn't wanted to be inconsiderate towards cagers (they aren't too fond of us already). after reading this thread though, i am seriously considering riding with my brights, since so many people do it :D

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I ride with my brights on all the time. I also replaced my lights with silverstars and friends say it looks bright as hell at night. I sill would like to get HIDs though.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
SilverStars are the brightest bulb out there, besides HIDs.Tried them both & the HIDs win!Oh & brights, brights, brights!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't know about brights all the time. It Only takes a couple seconds to go past an oncoming car, and flicking your lights off and then back on to help them wont hurt you. I don't know though, I live in the northwoods of Maine so maybe it's different up here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have HID 10000k blue lights and ride with brights on all the time. I know they are probably annoying and bright as hell but people notice them for sure and see me at night.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts