Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i'm tire shopping again, I currently have Continental Road Attacks and love them, but I have been wondering about Shinkos. My friend just put a Shinko rear on his ninja and he seems to like it but I'm still skeptical. I will be buying a new set of tires this week and likely getting the Road Attacks again, I currently have 8500 miles on them. I've searched on here about the Shinko tires but haven't found enough info to satisfy me, hence why I'm posting this thread, so lets hear some input from you guys that have used them and how many miles can you get out of a set. Thanks!

·
R Sizzle
63 Posts
I'm in the same boat, a buddy of mine swears by them. But there is a lot of negative talk around the forums about them. I've pretty much made up my mind to go with Qualifiers instead. I've found a site with front and rear shipped for $230.

·
R6 Master
840 Posts
well i know a few guys that have run the shinkos and had pretty good luck with them.They are a good cheap tire for sure.They arent a race tire by any means but a decent tire from what i have seen. I have them on my WR450f supermoto bike & road for 2 weeks at deals gap and pushed them pretty hard and had no complaints at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a set of shink's I liked them. I don't get into any curvey roads where I am so I don't know how they would be as far as that goes. I am currently running a set of Metzler Racetech's very soft and sticky got them used the center was new and sides had been worn from racing at a track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts