Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my truck the other day and a guy on a CBR pulled next to me. I noticed he had this strap/pad thing on his left shoe that protects/strengthens to toe top toe portion of the shoe. What is that thing? Where can I get one?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
it is made to protect your boots or sneaks from getting marked up or dirty from the shifter. not many people use them. my buddy uses a cut in half sock and used that, but i just make fun him. but it works great for him and he wheres his new white DC's or tan tim's.

yeah real riding boots are the best protection, but skate shoes more comfortable. if you want to save your ankles get a good pair of boots.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Its a shifter skin...you can pick one up on ebay for around 15 bucks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha ya ya ya laugh at me... :nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol

I'm on my 3rd day of my MSF class and tomorrow im finshing up. We have to wear boots and I feel so restricted at my ankles. I usually wear Puma motorsports shoes because I can feel everything. Just thought the strap maybe had a piece of metal that would resemble the feel of riding in boots....

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
hahaha ya ya ya laugh at me... :nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol

I'm on my 3rd day of my MSF class and tomorrow im finshing up. We have to wear boots and I feel so restricted at my ankles. I usually wear Puma motorsports shoes because I can feel everything. Just thought the strap maybe had a piece of metal that would resemble the feel of riding in boots....
i mean ACTUAL boots

**** people

3rd day of msf and you have a brand new r6. guess you'll be cool ridin in straight lines all day long while doin 10mph over the limit

WICKED

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
i cant see the vid unless i sign up so i'll opt out of that lol. I'm guessin its not the best lookin though!

Yeah, i dont have the cash to drop on boots so i just ride with normal shoes and the rest of my stuff (jacket, helmet, gloves)

But yeah...if you're set on goin with the pad he had over his shoe, as i said earlier its a shifter skin. As long as you're not wearin sandles i dont have a problem with it lol!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i had on the puma motorsports ones that strap on with velcro, and they didn't come off. i love riding with them because of how slim they are, but i'll get boots when i get another bike

·
Will work for track time
19,494 Posts
Quick story of my friend,

1 month into riding, he didn't have any boots. Being the nice guy I am , I gave him a pair of my frank Thomas boots rarely worn. Well, the same day I gave them to him , he crashed. Bad... His shin ran into a barb wire fence with re bar posts. The re bar sliced opened his boot and still managed to cut down to the bone. If it wasn't for the boots he would of lost his leg. Go get boots.

I saw his bone and everything. Almost a year later, it still hasn't completely healed.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Quick story of my friend,

1 month into riding, he didn't have any boots. Being the nice guy I am , I gave him a pair of my frank Thomas boots rarely worn. Well, the same day I gave them to him , he crashed. Bad... His shin ran into a barb wire fence with re bar posts. The re bar sliced opened his boot and still managed to cut down to the bone. If it wasn't for the boots he would of lost his leg. Go get boots.

I saw his bone and everything. Almost a year later, it still hasn't completely healed.
Sucks man, another reason to wear your gear.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts