Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to pass on this info:

As I was surfing for the links and such on Shoei Breath Guards and Chin Covers for another member, I ran into a forum thread somewhere and the guy said that any RF-1000 helmet was supposed to include those 2 pieces.

He said that if it didn't to email Shoei, and they will send them out FREE.

So, I emailed them and asked if that was in fact true, and explained I did not have them in mine...but never expected to.

Within 30 MINUTES I had a reply from Angela in Customer Service, who said "that is right! Give me your address and I will get them shipped out immediately!"

Folks, that is some KILLER customer Service!!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
yoda said:

As I was surfing for the links and such on Shoei Breath Guards and Chin Covers for another member, I ran into a forum thread somewhere and the guy said that any RF-1000 helmet was supposed to include those 2 pieces.

So, I emailed them and asked if that was in fact true, and explained I did not have them in mine...but never expected to.

Within 30 MINUTES I had a reply from Angela in Customer Service, who said "that is right! Give me your address and I will get them shipped out immediately!"

SWEEEEET, thanks for the info, just IMed my buddy and he is on top of that right now. YOU DA MAN!!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
THANKS YODA...once again you came up big. Last year I was about to go out and buy a ski mask face cover thingy.

I just email them at 1:30AM CT so, hopefully I will hear from them shortly.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I just e-mailed them................yoda, did you e- mail the site contact address or do you have another e-mail address, if so what is it?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
NJK, use the email for the Shoei-Helmet.com site. Thats what i did, and the lady responded very quick. I'll save you some hassel. Just Email shoie your Name Address, and your Shoei number is located on crown of the helmet.(underneath the linear)

·
Registered
407 Posts
yoda said:

i got a breath guard and chin cover with my rf 1000

·
Registered
527 Posts
They are a killer company. I have a Rf-900 that had a back vent that was cracked. I gave them a call and they sent it right out. This was for a two year old helmet. I'm looking at the Z-two or an RF-1000. Can't make up my mind!!!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Guys i got a quick question what is the Snell number. I don't have my helmet with me, and my mom don't know what she's looking for. If anyone has any idea let me know...thank you

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
RadRacer84 said:
that almost makes me want to buy one. Problem...No money for those.

damn
shoei,arai and suomy are very very worth every single penny. and worth it to save the money for them. I use to use a Icon and bieffe helmet until I got to try on some real helmets. all I can say is cheap helmets fit and feel very cheap compaired to them. and they feel like they weigh a ton on your head. once you try on a good helmet you will never want a cheap one again.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
blue03r6 said:
RadRacer84 said:
that almost makes me want to buy one. Problem...No money for those.

damn
shoei,arai and suomy are very very worth every single penny. and worth it to save the money for them. I use to use a Icon and bieffe helmet until I got to try on some real helmets. all I can say is cheap helmets fit and feel very cheap compaired to them. and they feel like they weigh a ton on your head. once you try on a good helmet you will never want a cheap one again.
saving enough for a suit to end up spending it on a helment is a bit hard to bite, considering that you are suppose to replace them every 3 years or so - even if they look fine.

I wanted a SUOMY but they are way out of my $ range. Probably get a low end shoei or arai.... If I find someone to buy one of my kindeys....

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
dude check out ebay. there are quite a few ebay stores that sell nice helmets at deep discount prices. I can go to a local store in my city and get a shoei RF1000 solid color for $316.
I just picked up a suomy gunwind solid blue color for $160 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7955476936
and as for the 3 year limit that can easily be argued because arai,suomy and shoei all have 5 year warranties.

·
Registered
963 Posts
fireblade31003 said:
They are a killer company. I have a Rf-900 that had a back vent that was cracked. I gave them a call and they sent it right out. This was for a two year old helmet. I'm looking at the Z-two or an RF-1000. Can't make up my mind!!!

X-11?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I finally got an e-mail back, they said it will be shipped out today, I am extremely happy with their customer service thus far. I may never buy another brand of helmet again.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Let me tell you guys that after talking to the head hancho at AGV.....AGV will be my helmet of choice for the rest of my life....just fuckin awesome everything.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts