Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i high sided my bike and my lid is shot.

i mostly ride street and i love shoei

do u guys think i should get the RF-1100 or spend the extra cash and get the X-12 hmmmm?????

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya man but i like them 2 way more then i like the X11

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and there both not as heavy as my old HJC lol

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
For the street rf1100. You can close your vents to control the air flow, a bit more room inside the helmet, room for speakers if you use an ipod or anything while riding, etc. In fact I would use an RF1100 over the X12 for the track even. To be honeast I use an Arai Corsair V right now and to me the RF1100 feels nearly identical in terms of design, airflow, ventilation, and overall comfort.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i use to have an hjc but now i got the rf1100 and its an amazing difference.. not that hjc is bad i mean its a good value helmet.. but it vents soo0o much better.. sometimes i gotta close the chin vent cause it'll make my eyes water from all the airflow and i can even feel the air flow throught the vents on the top.. can say much for the x12 cause ive never used it but the rf1100 is great.. and i do mostly street riding too.. for now..

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I'd grab a Nexx XR1R Full Carbon ;)

The lightest helmet in the market (1,200g)
DOT and ECE 22-05 approved

Couldn't be happier with mine

·
Registered
445 Posts
You should try them both on before you purchase..

for me, (before the new models came out) the rf1000 fit nicely but when i tried on an x-11, it hurt my head - wrong head shape..

try them both on, buy whatever feels better on your head..

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I'd grab a Nexx XR1R Full Carbon ;)

The lightest helmet in the market (1,200g)
DOT and ECE 22-05 approved

Couldn't be happier with mine
Those are sick helmets.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
x-12's are bad ass...I'd go with that one

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
That Nexx Carbon is pretty sweet looking and it's ultra light weight. They aren't Snell approved but I'm sure to some people that doesn't really matter. I've actually been thinking of upgrading to an RF-1100 myself, I love my RF-1000 but I've got an itch for a new Shoei.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts