Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting these three helmets. I have heard some fogging and noise problems with the RF-1000. I heard some good stuff about the AGV or Soumy. However, I would assume that more people have Shoei. Anyone please help me out. The RF-1000 and the XR-2 is about the same price at $399.00 and the Spec R-1 is $499.00. So anyone that have experienced with these helmets, please leave me some information, so I can decide. Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
They all fit VERY differently, so you had better get out and try them on. It doesn't matter what ANY of us say about a helmet if it doesn't fit your noggin.

All three are quality items, and you can't go wrong with any of them. Yes, Shoei's are notorious for fogging up. But AGV's are notorious for having quirky fit. Neither of them fit my head worth a shit, so I never even considered actually buying them.

The Suomy fit my head pretty well, but not quite as well as my Arai Quantum... and it was more money, so I just went with another Arai.

If none of the helmets you mentioned fit you, try the Arai. The only complaint most people have with Arai is the price and the noise. They ARE some of the noisiest helmets you can get.

Also consider the Shark RSR... another VERY nice helmet if it fits your noggin.

When trying them on, be sure to wear them for a pretty decent amount of time... and try on a few of the same size for each of the models, as the fit can vary slightly.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i have the AGV XR-2 rossi 500gp replica (one on bottom of pic) and love it. it hasnt fogged on me yet, its survived a very small wreck i had, and it looks sweet as ****.

also you can get it for 360 at imotorcyclestore.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, I like the AGV helmets. I just want to spend around 350 to 500 max on a helmet. I like the AGV XR-2 silver/red/black combo. t. I could not find much info. on the AGV helmet website. I like the shark now too, that is a nice looking helme. Anyway, hopefully I something that one of the four helmets offers more. But they look to about have all the same features. Seems you get more features with Soumy, AGV for the price of a Shoei. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey RockyR6

I tried the helmets on today and the Quantum fitted the best. I tried on a large it was pretty snug, most of the other brands on large is loose. I wanted to try a medium in Quantum, but they did not have it. If it fits even more snug and will mold to my face and also without the cheek pad hitting my face, I would like that more. However, they did not have one, so I have to go to another store and try it out and see.

The shark helmets are amazing in their graphics. Only thing is, never store here carries them. I would actually purchase that over the Quantum if they fit was the same and same quality. I like their design the best. Also, the two shells they have, any of them similar to Quantum? Thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I tried on a Medium Shark RSR, and I normally wear an XS in the Quantum. As far as I could tell, the fit was simalar... but I would have to try one that is the right size. I like to have a VERY snug fitting helmet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts