Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I....would be very careful about that helmet. To me, there's just a good chance that it's a knock off. You do know that there are a lot of China made Shoei helmets floating around ebay right?

I was in the same boat as you. Looking to get a X-11 and searched on ebay but even i knew the risks of buying a helmet online. Questions like is it a knock off? Was it accidentally dropped which could seriously affect the integrity of it when you do FALL ? etc..

I finally got mine at cycle gear for $540 when they had a 20% sale off all shoei helmets. They even ordered mine directly from japan because they didnt have the Blue Kiyonari i wanted in stock.

But I did just recently buy my girlfriends helmet on ebay though. (RF-1000 Flutter). And i only did so because the guy i was talking to had 3000+ 99.5% positive feedback, had a local bike shop near where i lived, and actually told me to call him because he wanted to explain to me the riskiness of getting a knock off helmets that he see's on eBay everyday. (which i did call)

*Shrug* The guy you bought it off had 8 feedback so I would take it into a Shoei authenticated dealer and have them check it out to see if its real. Better yet, send into Shoei and let them evaluate it to see if its real AND crash ready.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Basically, I don't see the benefit from saving $200 bucks for a X-11 helmet that could very well NOT protect my head in the event of a crash. The chances are pretty high seeing that for $309 shipped that is WAY under cost. And being in China a couple times in the past 2 years (business trips), the one thing you learn from way under priced stuff is that they are either a cheap knock off or there is something really wrong with it.

Might be better to just get a Shoei TZ-R or RF-1000 if you can't afford a legitimate X-11. At least they'll protect you if and when that time comes :fact

Or you could look good going down and end up with mushy brains :dunce: :lmao

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hope you enjoy the helmet. Congrats.

I've been looking to pick up the x-11 Elias for under $500, but have not found one yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts