Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 4 years and 3 times getting stuck and needing a jump, it was time for a new battery! I search on the forum to see what others have and their opinions! I see MOTY, ballastic and Shorai! I heard good things about all 3, but did hear some mix reviews on the ballastic! I know, I could of been happy with a MOTY battery, but went with a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12!

Now, where to buy from? :secret Did some more searching (Search is your friend! :fact ) and found most deal with Brad at Superbikesupply! I contacted him about buying one for my R6 and he said, he could ship me out one that day, if I send money, asap and I did! He shipped out on 5|21 (Mon) and was supposed to get it on 5|23 (Wed), but Fedex, somehow lost it leaving their Orlando location! Long story, short, Brad shipped me out a new battery on 5|31 (Thurs) and got it 6|2 (Sat)

I'm very happy with this battery! Great design, but then again, it's a battery, their are only so many ways a battery can be made! :lmao But, the best things about it, is the weight (A2 only weights about 1 lb) and the cranking power! When I turn the key it starts right up, no delay like my stock battery! All in all, A+ on the Shorai! Highly recommended! :fact

Ok, enough talking, on with the pics...

Stock battery...

Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 box...

Everything in the white box, the foam is used for to make the Shorai the same size as your stock battery...

Look at the size difference the stock and the Shorai...

Oh, the weight savings...

The Shorai in the battery tray...

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the diff between the a2 and a4? cus when I was ;looking it said i needed an a4 for my 07 r6.
They both have the same specs, ie: V, CCA, etc...but the only two differences, size...the A4 is the same size as the stock battery, the A2 is smaller, of course and you use the foam pieces to make it the same size of the stock battery! The other thing is weight, which isn't a lot, less than a pound! Hope I answered your question! :YEA

Sweet! That's on the list for my next mod!
Thanks for posting
:cheers

How much did you pay?
$139 shipped!

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,407 Posts
Wow nice! I need new battery too

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the A4 and it's a little smaller. 5 lb difference since my Shorai is 2 and the stock was 7.
Smaller to stock? :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Than the A2 I believe. You said you didn't have to use the pads, I had to use some.
The A2 is smaller than the A4!

Yes, I had to use some of the foam padding, as shown in the last picture! :secret

·
R6 where the $ goes
84 Posts
i have the a4 and it is the same size as stock..these batteries kick ass i have alot of elec mods and mine doesnt miss a beat...sat for over a month and hooked up the shorai specific charger and it was still at full charge even with my scorpio i900r set on sleep mode

·
Vroommm
426 Posts
I also have the A4 and love it... I've let it sit for about a month without hooking up the shorai charger and it started up without hesitation. Bike has a Scorpio i900, PCV w/AT,IGN,QS, HIDs/Halos. Not to mention hooking up the charger is super easy since i just leave the short cable plugged into the battery and ran up to under the passenger seat. Pop off the rear seat and plug it in.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,129 Posts
The A2 is smaller than the A4!

Yes, I had to use some of the foam padding, as shown in the last picture! :secret
Thought so, must have misread since I think I saw something about how you didn't have to use padding. Makes sense since yours is about a lb and the A4 is 2 lbs.

The A4 still isn't' exactly the size of the stock battery, have to use a sheet or two.

·
Registered
382 Posts
How long does a stock battery usually last? My buddy told me about these batteries and I am very interested.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How long does a stock battery usually last? My buddy told me about these batteries and I am very interested.

Mine last 4 years, but I had to charge her a lot with a Tender Jr!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dam I never charge mine and my bike is 5 years old. Must be the heated garage for winter time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.