Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so at the long beach convention there was a booth for shorai battery's.

basically the rep said its a lithium-ion battery so it should last twice as long as stock.

**and after checking out the website i saw that the stock battery's about 6lb's heavier then the lithium-ion battery.**

anyone have/work with this battery?

what do you guys think?

thanks in advance.

price for stock battery is $90.
price for this battery is $150 but the rep told me $90. so i sent a message to them via there website to see if they'd give it to me for $90.

maybe we could do a group buy..

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
A lot of guys (including Graves Racing) are running the four cell MOTYdesign battery which weighs 0.75 lbs. They’re also a vendor on here.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
^^^ +1

Plus we know MOTYdesign won't shaft us.

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of guys (including Graves Racing) are running the four cell MOTYdesign battery which weighs 0.75 lbs. They’re also a vendor on here.
which one would be their daily driver weekend warrior application?

the stats im looking at dont seem to match up.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Im still partial to Yusa batteries. But if I can find a legit better battery, I'd consider that

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im still partial to Yusa batteries. But if I can find a legit better battery, I'd consider that
i like the idea of weight reduction without having all the fancy carbon fiber parts.

i took out the california charcoal canister and AIS the other day.

i'd like to build my own circuit to remove the exup motor but i might end up getting the graves one.

i'll be about 20lb's lighter than stock if i get a one of these fancy battery's

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I"m a new on here and I make batteries similar to what MOTY is doing. I'm just feeling out the site at this time. My company is http://antigravitybatteries.com

I can answer some of you questions accurately...

The Shorai is actually a style of Lifepo4 lithium that uses Prismatic Cells, not the normally used A123 Cylindric Cells. The Shorai case is nice and the pricing is really good... but what the Prismatic Cell lacks is power. For example the 7 ah Shorai produces 107 Cold Cranking Amps.... the 5 amp hour A123 style (Antigravity 4600) produces 240 Cold Cranking Amps... So the power difference is really significant and Shorai doesn't really touch on that with their marketing.

With that being said they are offering a inexpensive alternative in a nice package with the weight loss. But I think the racers will be sticking with the A123 based batteries.

And yes you would want the 8 cell for street use and the 4 cell for track use on the 600s.

Scott-

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lmao charcoal lets have a bbq...i thought it was carbon :secret but what do i know :sing
haha what ever it was its out of the bike now:YEA

·
Kasanova
387 Posts

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Hey guys I"m a new on here and I make batteries similar to what MOTY is doing. I'm just feeling out the site at this time. My company is http://antigravitybatteries.com

I can answer some of you questions accurately...

The Shorai is actually a style of Lifepo4 lithium that uses Prismatic Cells, not the normally used A123 Cylindric Cells. The Shorai case is nice and the pricing is really good... but what the Prismatic Cell lacks is power. For example the 7 ah Shorai produces 107 Cold Cranking Amps.... the 5 amp hour A123 style (Antigravity 4600) produces 240 Cold Cranking Amps... So the power difference is really significant and Shorai doesn't really touch on that with their marketing.

With that being said they are offering a inexpensive alternative in a nice package with the weight loss. But I think the racers will be sticking with the A123 based batteries.

And yes you would want the 8 cell for street use and the 4 cell for track use on the 600s.

Scott-
:popcorn:

MODS!

(i couldn't resist)

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
These LiFe batteries are sweet, I have one in my daily driver R6 and it is everything they tell you it is. It's literally |------------------------------| big.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts