Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone provide some help as to where or what I could do to lower my bike just a little bit? I know that I could adjust the springs, but is there anywhere in which I could get a seat that is lower? I'm only 5'3" tall. The balls of my left foot can touch the ground when stopped, but I would like to have a little more of my foot touching the ground so I feel a little more supported when stopped. :?: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
995 Posts
how old is your bike?,if its new your better off tryin 2 live with it 4 a while `till the suspension settles down, i`m about an inch taller,when i had mine new i woz askin them to alter it. the only thing they offered woz some foam out of the seat,but thats a harder ride,it didn`t take that long 4 me to get used to it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
check out the how-tos section, i put in some info for lowering your bike. there's more good stuff in there, too. just don't try it if you're not mechanically inclined, or you might end up paying more to have someone fix whatever you messed up. i'm only 5', so don't feel bad.
good luck,

·
Registered
25 Posts
I heard that lowering your bike would mess up your handling? I'm 5'6 - 5'7 and I have a 03 liquid silver R6 for about 1 month 1/2 now... its gotten a lot more comfortable since the first day I got it. Only problems that I a have right now are trying to back up on a slight hill... any techniques ya'll recommend??

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well, I am 5'2" and have no problems.

If I need to back it up a hill, I just get off the bike and manuever it from the side.

·
Registered
327 Posts
:hammer ..okay, once again----lowering your bike will NOT mess it up, it won't make it shake all over, or cause tank slappers IF YOU DO IT THE CORRECT WAY. just lower the front and the back. geez. there are dogbones that'll lower it----- :cuss JUST LOOK IN THE GARAGE HOW TO'S, ALRIGHT? it's right there under "lowering your bike", there's a link to the dogbone site, too. $120 and you're feet will be happy.
if my bike---which has been lowered 3" in the back, and had the front forks dropped as well---can handle 170mph on straightaways, AND STAND UP WHEELIES AT 130mph...then you shouldn't have any problems either. have some faith. it's a new design. :comp

·
Registered
327 Posts
:twisted: sorry if that came out bitchy. i was probably pms'ing. i do get tired of people saying that the new R6 is unstable at higher speeds, though. it is usually someone with an older model, or someone who tried lowering only half their bike, that says it. anyway, good luck and good riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts