Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the short riders on the forum...

Do you all have pics of yourself on the r6? If you do please post. I am 5'3" and pretty close to buying a r6. Wanted to see how us shorties look on the 6's.

peace :cool:

·
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!
122 Posts
Sorry no pics yet. I'm also 5'3". I never really cared for how or what other people think about how I look on a bike. I buy the bike to ride. It's challenging. You have to always be prepared & think ahead of what you are going to do. Also I wear Redwing boot that have a tall heel. I haven't taken my bike out too much (putting mods on, etc..) But one time i was stuck in traffic for about 40 min. That was hard but I did it. (Lesson learned lane split if you can.)

If the R6 is too much for you I would recomend a CBR600rr. I sat on one before I bought the R6. The seat was thinner and I felt pretty comfortable on it.

I don't recomend this at all but you could always lower the bike too.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
im 5"7 and i tippy to my baby

This was the day after i got it....

This is a year later.... 4400 Km broken in

This is just something lol

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im 5"7 and i tippy to my baby

This was the day after i got it....

This is a year later.... 4400 Km broken in

Dude you look totally normal sitting on your bike.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I thought the R6 has a rather low seat than other bikes, because I went to the dealer one time and i just try on all the bike. my favorite GSX is surprisingly high and i can barely touch the ground. The Honda is a little lower, but still not low enough for me to feel safe to hold the bike. The R6 on the other hand is very comfortable and I am able to put both foot flat if not close to flat on the ground. But again, i wasnt trying the new model, they were the 03-05 models for all the bikes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I thought the R6 has a rather low seat than other bikes, because I went to the dealer one time and i just try on all the bike. my favorite GSX is surprisingly high and i can barely touch the ground. The Honda is a little lower, but still not low enough for me to feel safe to hold the bike. The R6 on the other hand is very comfortable and I am able to put both foot flat if not close to flat on the ground. But again, i wasnt trying the new model, they were the 03-05 models for all the bikes.
I'm basing this on the newer bikes as when I went to the dealer I sat on the new 07-08 R6, 600rr, and GSXR and I can tip toe both my foot with just regular sneakers on the cbr and gsxr but the R6 I had to hold my self up on 1 foot...

·
Registered
102 Posts
sucks for u guys. im 6'3 and gotta bend my knees when i sit on my bike

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ironsurfer129 how tall are you?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm 5'5"-5'6" and I have my preload at the 2nd lowest setting in the rear. With that setting I am on the front ballsf my feet with both down (similar to the other pics in the post). At first it was hard to ride and I lowered the rear preload to the lowest setting which did help...but made the bike "soft". I recently read the forum articles about suspension settings and redid mine for my size/weight/riding style. Now I am very comfortable on the balls of my feet on mine. These bikes ride high for racing so don't be discouraged about it. If you get one and still have issues there are solutions. You can shave the seat or get a custom one made. You could also lower the bike 2" and just be easy on it till you get used to it then raise it back to stock once you get more comfortable. The factory settings on the suspension will probably not work for you. Read the articles in the forums and have a friend help you set yours. You will most likely be happy. There is one important thing to remember...what position are you in more? Riding or Standing? I bought my R6 because the riding position was more comfortable to me than the 600RR (the RR was shorter standing). Just my 2 cents.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the advice. people on this forum are cool...

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I have a serious question... How do you get on the bike since you cant touch the ground and how do you get the bike off the kick stand... I know you are on look out for uneven ground.. hahahaha Just giving you a hard time

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
I think I'm the perfect height... 5'9"-5'10" depending on the weather...

I'm not too short, not some tall-ass lenghty mother fugger...

I like me... :D

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
I'm about 5'8 with my suspension as stiff and as safe as i can go with stock suspension. So and I do good with one leg down, lol. That way It doesn't make me look too short :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm 5'08. Had to tip toe on my R6 when I got it. I lowered it about 1 inch and love it!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts