Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this on a couple of the pages and since my bike has been down and the exhaust was dinged up I figured what the heck. I'll cut it and make it a shorty for the next trackday. It didn't turn out half bad, sound is pretty good too. Though the mods I saw just took the end cap and riveted it back. I ended up taking the cap and the block piece (not sure what it is called) that had the second piece of the end pipe coming out. To kind of keep a second chamber I curved the inside pipe 90 degrees downward to create the second chamber. This way it wasn't just a straight pipe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heres the setup I just completed today. The previous owner had already done the mod you guys are all talking about... he cut the stock can about 4.5" but i still didnt like it because i wanted a shorter look for my 04 so I ordered a slip on from radiant cycles. A buddy recommended it cuz he just put one on his 08 zx10r and his sounded awesome so i was like why not? It cost me $79.22 including shipping. It is fantastic. Its nice and loud and I didnt really lose too much power. Still hauls ass. Raced a buddy in his 350z and he said it has a nice F1 whine to it. Gets looks everywheree! Heres some pics of the install.. *note* i still have the paint the chrome bolts and clamp black...:toocool: :popcorn:

Attachments

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
Heres the setup I just completed today. The previous owner had already done the mod you guys are all talking about... he cut the stock can about 4.5" but i still didnt like it because i wanted a shorter look for my 04 so I ordered a slip on from radiant cycles. A buddy recommended it cuz he just put one on his 08 zx10r and his sounded awesome so i was like why not? It cost me $79.22 including shipping. It is fantastic. Its nice and loud and I didnt really lose too much power. Still hauls ass. Raced a buddy in his 350z and he said it has a nice F1 whine to it. Gets looks everywheree! Heres some pics of the install.. *note* i still have the paint the chrome bolts and clamp black...:toocool: :popcorn:
thats a wild looking clamp on there

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts

like no WAI DOOD

·
Registered
333 Posts

looks like the trailer park finally got bored of 3rd gen mullet wagons and discovered sport bikes. if you want a megaphone, get a megaphone, not a autozone tip and a muffler clamp

point #2: why waste your gas racing a 350z.
point #3: anything will sound like an F1 car if you rev it to F1 engine speeds. rev a pencil sharpener to 16000 rpms, i bet you it will sound like an F1 car

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
looks like a exhaust tip from autozone:throwup:jacked

·
Registered
19 Posts
@danny1684... Go to radiantcycles.com and get it bro, it's sickkk! It cost me 80 bucks including shipping to my house in Vancouver bc and shipping is lightning fast!
@r6trailer... If you want to insult me atleast learn to use proper spelling. Correct way of saying what you said would be: "looks like AN exhaust tip..." dumbass. You're name should have been R6TRAILERTRASH

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOL, no1 is insulting you, just your "exhaust." That exhaust has been around for a while and any forum you go on will have people that hate on it, not just R6 specific forums. If you like it, alright, your money, you do what you want with it. If you made the exhaust and people are hating on it, I can understand why you would be mad, but no reason to be a zealot about it just cuz you have it.

-Also, since you wanna be the grammar nazi, it wasn't his SPELLING that was incorrect, it was his GRAMMAR.

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow this is great. I start a thread to show off my new exhaust Mod and it totally gets hijacked.

R6zoom, Hey if you like your exhaust thats great. It's not my taste but different strokes for different folks. Also if you cannot take criticism from others than don't post anything, but don't get all bent when others don't like what you did and say it on here. It's not then end of the world and not everyone is going to like what you do.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Wow this is great. I start a thread to show off my new exhaust Mod and it totally gets hijacked.

R6zoom, Hey if you like your exhaust thats great. It's not my taste but different strokes for different folks. Also if you cannot take criticism from others than don't post anything, but don't get all bent when others don't like what you did and say it on here. It's not then end of the world and not everyone is going to like what you do.
Couldn't have said it any better..:werd

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
:popcorn:

This one's got potential. I'll contact the TNT network.

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts