Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to put a shorty/stubby exhaust on an 01 r6? if so do i have to re-jet the carbs and go thru a bunch of bullsh!t steps for it to work?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You could just cut your one down, thats wat iv done to mine and im more than happy with it. Realy easy mod 2 do and shorter exhausts look alot more balanced or thats my opinion, still runs great. I hav not rejetted but i hav been thinking about going with an ivans jet kit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, and i agree with the "making it look more balanced". same reason i want to do this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You could just cut your one down, thats wat iv done to mine and im more than happy with it. Realy easy mod 2 do and shorter exhausts look alot more balanced or thats my opinion, still runs great. I hav not rejetted but i hav been thinking about going with an ivans jet kit.
Pics?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, im on a friends comp atm but i will post up sum pics tomorrow. Also i have alot of mods on there that i havnt posted about that i recon u guys will be interested in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
please do, any info or help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here are sum pics, b4 and after plus one of my m8s exhaust on my bike.
I will start up a new thread about the other mods iv dun, dont wana jack this one. Mods include brembo calipers, wave discs and many more.
Enjoy and let me no wat u think.

B4

After

With my m8s exhaust on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts