Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night I finally finished my shorty exhaust on my '03. I have a few thoughts and questions about it. I first noticed that the muffler is touching or just barley missing the swing arm. I have read almost everywhere that it will be very close but will not cause a problem. I removed that plastic guard from the swing arm to provide more clearance. I know that I really did not pry on the header to much so maybe I need to do that again? Do you really need to pry it down that hard?

Another thing is the muffler has holes everywhere and is not completly sealed so are we losing alot of back pressure? I got a clamp on there now and it is super tight. I have not ridden my bike in over a month but it did not seem to have as much power as it did with my Micron setup but maybe I am just imagining things?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Bog.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Yeah, like your shiet is bogging down now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya I guess that would be the best way to put it. I was just seeing if anybody else had this experience with this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
its not much of a difference.. i did it on my 04, and i love it.. as for the clearence, yea its veryyyy close, but it wont cause any problems.. as long as its secure it wont touch... and to pry down the header, yes u have to realllllyyyy pry the thing down alot.. if you dont than the pipe is too close to the swingarm and everything else.. i used a write up thats floating around somewhere around here.. hope this helps!
before:

After:

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
get a power commander and tune your shit. You should be good then.

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
your losing back pressure because you have no midpipe and your pipe is shorter than it should be. that's your issue. I hope your running 93

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes its running on 93 but I will take it out tonight to see if I can feel a difference or not. Its about 40 degress out but I really want to know. Superslow did you notice a difference in more or less power?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I didn't get to take it out as planned it went from 40 to about 25 degress. I know alot of people have done this before so maybe i am in the clear. I doubt my bike would be any different from all the other R6's.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
That was the great thing about the HR1 I had. Adjustable backpressure:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts