Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to buy a pair of shorty black aftermarket levers for my 05, and I was wondering about emergency braking- if it would be less safe because there is less real estate to grab for in the case of having to stop quickly.

Also I was just wondering for those of you that have shorty levers installed how the comfort is compared to the standard size. Is it weird switching to 2 fingered operation of the levers or does it feel more comfortable than 4 fingers? Thanks

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
You should be able to get more than enough pressure with two fingers to get yourself in trouble, shorty or not.

Make sure your brake pads are meaty, your brake rotors are within spec (measure it with a caliper, it's often overlooked), and flush your brake fluid if you haven't done it recently.
Braided brake lines are awesome if you have some extra cash to burn (and AGG is having another group buy right now) :sing

So anyways, shorty isn't a problem. IMO, if you need all 4 fingers to get full braking pressure, you need to re-evaluate your brake system.

·
I can ban you
33,576 Posts
You should be able to get more than enough pressure with two fingers to get yourself in trouble, shorty or not.

Make sure your brake pads are meaty, your brake rotors are within spec (measure it with a caliper, it's often overlooked), and flush your brake fluid if you haven't done it recently.
Braided brake lines are awesome if you have some extra cash to burn (and AGG is having another group buy right now) :sing

So anyways, shorty isn't a problem. IMO, if you need all 4 fingers to get full braking pressure, you need to re-evaluate your brake system.
^^^ This..

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
my shorty levers are much easier for me to use than the stockers. that's the best advantage i can think of...not to mention the adjustability will allow you to put the levers where you're most comfortable. i feel more confident with the shorty levers :fact

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright that's what i was thinking thanks for the feedback guys. Also, I asked this on another thread, but I want to get as many opinions as possible so I make the right purchase. I don't have the cash to spend on Pazzos or CRG's, so I was looking at these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4450wt_939

They're CNC machined, and other members have said that they have bought ones similar to this from china and had no problems. Do you guys think that this'll be a reliable alternative given that the mechanisms are metal either way?

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
I'll sale you my ebay/pazzo knockoffs for $35 shipped and you only have to wait 2 days.. I have the exact same bike as you...

I went with ASV's since im hardcore track junkie.

Not really but I did replace with ASV's

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great, here i'll PM you.

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
I'll sale you my ebay/pazzo knockoffs for $35 shipped and you only have to wait 2 days.. I have the exact same bike as you...

I went with ASV's since im hardcore track junkie.

Not really but I did replace with ASV's
Yeah, I have seen Red's levers, good deal for that price. Plus I have ordered from him before, got my sh*t fast!

·
Adrenaline Junkie
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just bought some :D Thanks red and to all you guys for the opinions. Can't wait to get them on

·
Super Mod
1,289 Posts
I use 1 finger for braking(middle finger) and its never an issue on the track

1 - 16 of 16 Posts