Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try to put a shorty pipe for a 06-newer r6 on a 99-02?
If so, what did you have to change if anything to make a nice fit?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bump. I'm looking for the same info. I've seen how to cut them, but hoping i can just buy something, Don't want to buy a new one and then cut it up.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
i dont know if you could use a newer exhaust but i know HR1 makes a stubby exhaust for the 99-02 r6

·
FEARLESS
312 Posts
i chopped mine the other day and it turned out pretty bad ass.....:toocool:

but i dont know if this is what your looking for

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
i chopped mine the other day and it turned out pretty bad ass.....:toocool:

but i dont know if this is what your looking for
thats frikkin sweet.... I was planning to do that to my brand new Yoshi before I sold my 2000....

to the OP, there are alot of bike shops around here that chop cans. Maybe check your area. They usually charge $50 -$75, but it will get rid of that factory flag pole

·
FEARLESS
312 Posts
thats frikkin sweet.... I was planning to do that to my brand new Yoshi before I sold my 2000....

to the OP, there are alot of bike shops around here that chop cans. Maybe check your area. They usually charge $50 -$75, but it will get rid of that factory flag pole
Or you could just buy a hack saw with a metal cutting blade and do it urself. :toocool: thats what i did it was pretty easy. the hardest part was getting the end caps back on :lmao it took me like a hour lol....i took lots of pics and shit. i was thinking of dong a wright up on how to do it....cheap

oh yea mine wasn't stock it was a after market KERKER exhaust but it wasnt loud enough for me

but with patience it will turn out really nice...and it only takes like 2 hours

let me know if yall want me to do a wright up

·
FEARLESS
312 Posts
go for the write up man! ive been thinking alot about this
alright dude ill try to get the video together tomorrow if i have time...its ****ing snowing here so i dont know what else ill b doing lol :(:mad:

·
Registered
140 Posts
:stupic snow here is crazy too. there is like 3 feet on the ground and its still coming down. which is a ton for maryland. most ive ever seen

·
FEARLESS
312 Posts
oh yea i got that video finished yesterday!!! :jacked i made a post about it "how to chop a exhaust" or here it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwvaalFW654 that quality is really shitty so sry but it was the only camera i had.....its still turned out pretty good tho. go check it out and comment and rate it!!! Thanks guys :YEA

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can put an 06ish style can on a Gen 1, takes some mods and clamps etc to do it. There was a post on several boards for it. I took a quick look and didnt see the link, but if I can find it I'll add it up. The stock R6 can looks ok, but it kinda sticks out too far from the bike in my opinion to look really good. And if you can lean your bike over enough Im sure it would scrap the ground.\

found the link, I take no credit for this, I havent tried it, just linking it.

http://www.r6live.com/showthread.php/7725-How-To-Mod-06-07-exhaust-on-99-02-first-gen-R6?highlight=exhaust

·
FCUK-A-DOODLE-DO!
494 Posts
+1 for this thread. I have always wondered about doing this myself, on my 04. I would like to find one that I could slip on, and change back and forth between the two(my current/new), such as track and street.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just take your pipe to a muffler shop and have them chop it down for you, i did this it cost me like 10 bucks, and the only pain on my yoshi rs3 was cutting out the internal baffle, i think in total it cost me around $30, but its a pain drilling through the stainless, for the new rivets.
but its worth it, i was done in 3 hours tops

1 - 14 of 14 Posts