Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a bike online and there is an 06 R6 that a guy will sell me for 6400. the thing is that it has 7300 miles. How long do these engines last? Do you think I'm just better off buying new or spending more on a used 06? The nice thing about used bikes is aftermarket exhaust, signals, fenders. Let me know what you think i should do and why. Thanks!

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
That kind of mileage is normally not a concern, as long as it wasn't abused. What is the condition of the bike? Details?

·
Registered
482 Posts
haha my 2006 r6 has almost 11k on it. going strong after bending a crank haha, i wouldnt worry about it.

·
Go Tigers!
2,625 Posts
I got 34k on an 01 that gets rung out from time to time, well most the time :) So yeah, it should last ya a while.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
The miles arent a big deal, and the price is good too as long as the bike has a clean title and is in good shape. You said it has aftermarket fenders? This tells me the bike has been down.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
I'd wait till Aug when they come down in price. I bought my 07 R6 in April 07 for pretty much retail and Aug came around and it dropped $1500!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have more miles on my 07 and I consider that low milage for an 06, as I usually put about 15k miles on the bike a year.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
thats low mileage as long as u keep up w/ oil changes.
there are sportbikes out there w/ over 100k miles on them, u just gotta keep them maintained properly.

offer 6k.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts