Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if you guys remembered this but...
back last year in july. My friend and i went over to Thunder hill raceway for a track day...And some dude from an R6(not mine) laid oil all over the tracks.
he took down myself and about eight other riders. Well one of the rider that went down was my friend, who owns a ducati 1098.
It's been sitting in his garage since the wreck. Well he wants to sell the 1098 to me for a resonable price.....soooo how much should i offer him?
im thinking of 8 grand. the obvious damages is the plastic, and the front rims, also the clip-ons where broken.
Frame looks good (thanks sliders) motor fires up.
and back rims looks straight.
oh ya and pics.....cause of freakin A- you know who.

hehe if you look in the backround you can see my R6 :popcorn:
thanks in advance

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Yes.

I'd price out parts of everything you need and make your offer from there. Tell him to hook it up and hell always have a ride on a 1098

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Did you kill the moron that caused the accident!!! :rocket

That sucks man. I dont know too much about Ducs but that sounds like a fair price. I wouldnt call it a good deal because by the time you fix it up and replace the wheels your going to be into it as much as you would be buying a slightly used one which hasnt been down. How many miles are on it? If he would take a little bit less your probably in good shape. Good luck! That would be a fun bike to have if you did own it.

·
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you kill the moron that caused the accident!!! :rocket

The prick still hasn't been identified.

·
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know.....stupid bastard, im not even worried about my leathers or plastic..what pisses me off is the way it happened and no one fessed up

·
12,482 Posts
I'd be fuqkin PISSED if that happened to me... I'l be in jail for all sorts of felonies.

·
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can't kill what you can't find.......damn 1098 fairings are hella expensive!

·
12,482 Posts
what about insurance? Did he have full coverage (including collision?)

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
im sure the r6 detectives can find out who he is for you! Then we can send a big dude named tiny to break his knees...I'd kill him

I dunno man, tha'd be an amazing bike. Just depends on how much you'll be gettin it for i guess! I'm not sure of what to offer so i cant tell ya that....and yeah, those fairings carry a pretty price tag!

·
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1098 fairings.....1,600 bucks
1098 front rim (i found for) 600 bucks
1098 clip ons 298 bucks (helibar).
soooo does 6 grand sound good?

·
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im sure the r6 detectives can find out who he is for you! Then we can send a big dude named tiny to break his knees...I'd kill him

I dunno man, tha'd be an amazing bike. Just depends on how much you'll be gettin it for i guess! I'm not sure of what to offer so i cant tell ya that....and yeah, those fairings carry a pretty price tag!
i slide out of turn 2 and the ducati went out at 21/2 i actually saw the bike slide out and do a summersault.
i look at the tower and they where waving the black flag around. And when we all went to pits, someone told us that a yamaha r6's oil filter was loose and shot oil all over turn 1 through 14...where he went down do to his own oil. Then he was gone...chicken shit gone.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
what about insurance? Did he have full coverage (including collision?)
When you go to the track you take the risk and no matter what happens you are responsible for your own stuff and you are lucky to just get an apology. If you are worried about your bike make sure you have proper insurance to cover your bike.

Even if it is someone elses fault at the track and they have insurance their insurance only covers their bike. If this ever changes nobody will ever be able to afford time on the track ever again.

·
21,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you go to the track you take the risk and no matter what happens you are responsible for your own stuff and you are lucky to just get an apology. If you are worried about your bike make sure you have proper insurance to cover your bike.

Even if it is someone elses fault at the track and they have insurance their insurance only covers their bike. If this ever changes nobody will ever be able to afford time on the track ever again.
my bike has been downed twice at thunderhill, the first time was when a cbr 1000 rr clipped my rear tire (B group) and we both went down, and of course the oil on the track.
Nothing that a little track sticker can't cover...besides i ordered some race plastics anyways.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My friend dropped his 1098 off of a bike lift in his garage. The damage was a little over $4K. He broke maybe 4 parts. Those bikes are not cheap to repair.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
That is a really expensive bike... I dont know anything about the how the engine runs on this bike but you might be able to turn it over to get more back that what you paid for it......

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
my bike has been downed twice at thunderhill, the first time was when a cbr 1000 rr clipped my rear tire (B group) and we both went down, and of course the oil on the track.
Nothing that a little track sticker can't cover...besides i ordered some race plastics anyways.
That is not any fun. Sounds like you have had not the best run of luck at the track. Definitely the attitude you have towards the whole experience seems to be a good one.

I think I read into annguyen1981's comment wrong about the insurance.

As far as the 1098 goes are you planning on using it on the street or the track?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts