Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I got a couple minor speed wobbles in the last while and was wondering if there is anything I should check afterwards? Could anything come loose or cause damage? Thanks.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Steering damper.

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
passion 4 bikes
18 Posts
aye your pants lol...joking aside.i had a srad and the front tire was shark toothed which made the handle bars move side to side.last time I got a tank slapper on my r6 @ 80mph I when and got a steering damper,allways happens under hard acceleration and uneven roads.put them both together and you`ll tank slap allday:FU

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I dont get why the second someone experiences a minor issue the cure is a $500 part? :popcorn:

If it could do damage... imagine all the Triumphs & spaghetti framed 70s & 80s bikes that would be piles of scrap. :D

Spend some cash on a mini bike and learn how to move around on it. Will cure 99% of your problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha I have had a few wobbles in my day so there not all that scary for me, I try not to hesitate and control the problem as quick as possible. But yes they both happened under quick acceleration on uneven roads! Hate to say it but never had that problem with my Gixxer ;p

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
passion 4 bikes
18 Posts
Haha I have had a few wobbles in my day so there not all that scary for me, I try not to hesitate and control the problem as quick as possible. But yes they both happened under quick acceleration on uneven roads! Hate to say it but never had that problem with my Gixxer ;p
my 2000 gixxer was a nacker,lol used it as a works bike I should never had bought it it had an oil leak from nearly ever gasket,the tires were on the limit it had self tapping screws holding the head light in and who ever put 6 pot cals on the front never changed the master cyl the list gos on like I said should never have bought it it looked ok till I got it home and started to tinker around with it and found loads of problems funny thing was it went like a bullet butwith all the things wrong with it I never went over 70 mph:nocontrol

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I dont get why the second someone experiences a minor issue the cure is a $500 part? :popcorn:

If it could do damage... imagine all the Triumphs & spaghetti framed 70s & 80s bikes that would be piles of scrap. :D

Spend some cash on a mini bike and learn how to move around on it. Will cure 99% of your problems.
:stupic

Steering damper is a band aid, not a cure :fact

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts