Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go out n take a shot of your rear tyre at this angle.
Prove you actually ride your 6.
For those of you that don't know sissy rings are the unworn edge of your tyre. Unless you track ride it's unlikely you wont have any. The bigger they are though, well you get the picture.

I am in no way encouraging people to try and get rid of theres. Well not on the road. You have to get a long way over to lose them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ive still got about 5mm each side on my rear, I cant be leaning enough. When the weather gets warmer Ill try to get them clean.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5mm is good. On the road unless you know the road well you want a bit of room to move. Hit a good bump or something slippery all the way over and you'll lowside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everybody, new to the forum so greeting to you all r6 junkies :mrgreen:
i always though that worn side tyre walls came from incorrect suspension setups, and anyone in th UK can verify this by lookning at the biking myths in mcn of a few weeks ago. oh well hope i wont get :hump for saying that and ill see you all R6 boys on the forum.
PEACE

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This isn't the tyre wall that is wearing. It's just the outmost edge of your tyre.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Okay here's mine, a few more mm's to go :hammer
Will try to get rid of them as soon the weather gets warmer next year!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo tguy, own up, its yours ain't it? don't worry we won't take the puss... i mean piss

·
Registered
27 Posts
If only my bike was in one operating piece. I am not one to not ride hard. I rode hard enough that I dumped it hard enough to have to tear it apart :(

treat it like you love it, ride it like you hate it!!!

It will be back in force next season. Bright ass orange too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone wiped the front tyre clean? I still have 5mm left on each side of my front, rear is clean!

·
Registered
41 Posts
now i've got chikken strips on my tyres, but that is just because it's to cold here for the moment.
the first day when it's warmer (arround 15degrees celcius) the chikken strips are gone
then i can test my new bike and that is gone be my favorite round on the streets with a loth of kneedragging in the corners :jester
here is a pic of my old BT-010 tyre

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just put a new diablo on my bike. plus my mate on a 95 zx-6r ( HANDLES LIKE A TUGBOAT) has none on his front but 1/2 inch on rear thinks hes leaning further than me even though i have to wait for him every couple of km's. So i'm on a good ride tomorrow with him and will be posting the results of the diablo.

OR THE CRASH. fuckin tugboat ridin bastard.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Cral42 said:
I just put a new diablo on my bike. plus my mate on a 95 zx-6r ( HANDLES LIKE A TUGBOAT) has none on his front but 1/2 inch on rear thinks hes leaning further than me even though i have to wait for him every couple of km's. So i'm on a good ride tomorrow with him and will be posting the results of the diablo.

OR THE CRASH. fuckin tugboat ridin bastard.
Having chicken strips is not necessarily a bad thing

Your friend might have to lean his tugboat over farther than you because you are a better rider than he is. The goal is to lean the bike over LESS in a corner, this way you can eliminate ground clearance issues and keep more stability.

Hangin your ass off the seat means you have to lean less to get the desired effect.

**center of gravity is changeed when you are hanging off**

1 - 20 of 30 Posts