Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can order the sole replacement for Sidi Vertigo Air Size 42 Euro ? I've been searching everywhere for it and it's out of stock . Looked on Motonation.com and Motorcycle Superstore and they are out of stock. This is how it looks like

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ChiefSmokeDawg, I actually had called them prior to posting. They wanted $120 plus the cost of shipping it out to them. I live in the East Coast. It will probably cost me about 150 just to have them resole , while it's only 20 bucks for those soles.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Thanks ChiefSmokeDawg, I actually had called them prior to posting. They wanted $120 plus the cost of shipping it out to them. I live in the East Coast. It will probably cost me about 150 just to have them resole , while it's only 20 bucks for those soles.
If you get the sole on your own, any shoe guy can put it on.

Are you getting the sidi sole for $20 or a generic one?

How bad are yours? Just worn down, or do you have holes from sharp pegs on aftermarket rearsets, etc..? Just curious

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was planning to get the Sidi Soles but I cannot find it in my size (Euro 42). It's out of stock everywhere. The other option is to find the Motocross Soles that was mention on that thread that you posted earlier.

98.99 for both boots, Worth it if you ask me

They said they use Motocross Soles Which are still soft but dont wear as much as the current ones, They seem Legit and Seemed very nice when I talked with them on the phone
Current wear and tear on a stock pegs . I do walk around in them a bit when I do group rides.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I bet the only place that's gonna have the soles would be direct from Sidi.

I'd want em resoled too. I can only touch my toes when I am stopped, so something like what you have going on there would be a problem for me. I could see the boot just slipping on the pavement too easily.

Subscribed to see what you end up doing

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my front wear off faster because I can only tip toe when I'm on my bike. I'm looking for options now and if I find something useful I'll post back.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
My Heels wores out, I went with that Company and I love them, They held up in a lowside very well! I'll try to snap some pics of the sole, Going to be a little busy for the next few days, and not going to be home much...so give me time

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Heels wores out, I went with that Company and I love them, They held up in a lowside very well! I'll try to snap some pics of the sole, Going to be a little busy for the next few days, and not going to be home much...so give me time

Cool thanks tfs32. I would love to see how the motocross sole looks like. When I called MotoNation today they said they wont have it in stock till January for my size.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got it fixed. Ordered the soles from my local dealer and didn't had to pay shipping on it. $45 for two set of soles. Got a hole in the wall cobbler to remove the old sole and replace with this for $28.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I finally got it fixed. Ordered the soles from my local dealer and didn't had to pay shipping on it. $45 for two set of soles. Got a hole in the wall cobbler to remove the old sole and replace with this for $28.

:werd

I'm waiting for my replacement soles to come in this month some time. They are also genuine Sidi replacements. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting em real cheap and will post up pics as well once I get em. My pegs are actually digging a small hole in the ball of the foot, and I have no treads left like yours so in the rain, my foot slipped off a few times. :eek5

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had the replacement on it for more than 6 months now and I'm very happy with it. Glad I didn't blow 300 bucks to replace a perfectly working boot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts