Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to purchase the Sidi Vortice boots because I couldn't use the Dainese Axial Race boots with my Spyke 1-piece. I needed boots that go over the leathers. Finally took them out this past weekend and I'd have to say that I prefer these over the Dainese Axial Race boots. Took a little to get used to shifting in these but after about 15 minutes I felt comfortable in them.

Sorry about the rotation of pictures...Not sure why it's posting them landscaped...looks normal before I uploaded them.

Attachments

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
is this a review? What did you like about them? How was the break in? Were they easy to get in and out of? Could you walk around in them for a while? Would someone with big/small calves be ok in these?

C'mon man step it up

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think I'd need another session to get them fully broken in. They were really comfortable to walk around in though. However for longer periods, I'd probably prefer to walk around in the Dainese Axials. Definitely takes a little bit longer to get into due to the over/under setup of the flaps. But what's great about them is that you can literally dial in for a perfect fit.

Good thing you brought up the calf sizes because I think I have bigger calves and there is so much room in the calf section to get a perfect fit.

Forgot to mention the vents...you can open/close the vents near the toes and arch to get some air flowing. Also, everything is pretty much replaceable including the sole area near the balls of your feet. So hopefully you don't need to buy a new pair of boots.

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
I think I'd need another session to get them fully broken in. They were really comfortable to walk around in though. However for longer periods, I'd probably prefer to walk around in the Dainese Axials. Definitely takes a little bit longer to get into due to the over/under setup of the flaps. But what's great about them is that you can literally dial in for a perfect fit.

Good thing you brought up the calf sizes because I think I have bigger calves and there is so much room in the calf section to get a perfect fit.
Cool man...
didn't want to come off as a jerk... Just trying to get more info for people that might be to timid to ask... I wanted these boots but ended up going with A* Supertechs

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have these same boots and you'll like them better and better the more you ride in them. You're right about how they will fit different size people because of the adjusting straps. I have fairly small calves and I just turn the dial until they become snug. Great boots!

·
Seeing Red
51 Posts
These boots kickass. I own them, and would recommend them to anyone. Break in took maybe two rides, comfort is A++ (I wear thin moisture wicking high-socks underneath). With the two vents these boots have, it can feel like you're riding with socks on--very pleasant. Unless you have absolute sticks for legs, these will adjust to fit pretty much anyone (and my legs aren't that big). Phenomenal dexterity on the controls, way better than any other boots or shoes I own. Walking around comfort is less than ideal though. For 20-30 minutes they're fine, but all day? No way. They have a high heel, and feel like ski-boots when you're walking, plus they have almost no cushioning in the sole. I tried throwing some gel insoles in them, but that cramped up the boot so much it pretty much blocked the air vents, rendering them useless, so I removed them. Sizes are dead on. Your first few attempts will likely take you quite a while to put them on, but once you figure out the most efficient method, it takes about 20 seconds per boot. Again, once you find the most efficient method, it takes all of 5 seconds to get them off.

I actually don't like to ride without them. The bike feels more like an extension of me when I'm wearing them, I feel confident in their ability to protect my feet/ankles in a crash, I have better control and my feet get to feel the breeze!:YEA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts